1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tps

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by c0mical, Nov 7, 2018.

1. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:53 PM
    I am creating this post specifically with stoneblock in mind but it is more for all/any of the servers

The thought occurred to me is that (maybe just me) as players we are not completely aware of what causes tps drops and how our behavior influences that

Maybe something like a guide to best practices, or feedback from resolving a particular tps issue would help to build up a picture of how the players can help themselves in future and staff too

It may not be possible as, there may not be a pattern, but it was just a thought

Cheers

2. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:53 AM
    I think this is a great idea. There’s something like that on the wiki, which can be found HERE.

3. Redshii

Redshii Moderator Build Team

Local Time:
    1:53 PM
    You would be relying on players to follow such guidelines, which won't happen since guidelines are, well, guidelines. The only way would be enforcing players such rules by moderators and I don't see that happen. Nearly the only thing to do is spread the word across the server and be helpful towards new players, as they most of the times have no clue about certain behavior impacting tps.

I see where you are coming from, but there just won't be time enforcing such rules. Again, the only thing possible regarding your suggestion is that we inform players and help them where we can.

If you disagree, I suggest you try to work this idea more out. It has potential, but I see that going to in ways of us, non-moderating players, helping such players. Then again, you rely on players wanting to do that, which I also don't see happening.

Above is my point of view on this matter.

4. c0mical

Local Time:
    Thanks Tipsied, I knew that I thought I seen something in the past regarding AE, but couldnt find it. It is more detailed than I remember

Redshii, I agree that it would require people following guidelines but I think education rather than enforcement should be the aim here

I would imagine that everyone would like the opportunity to enhance (at least) their own gameplay experience

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Do not rule though fear but guide them to the path on enlightening in this case better understanding of what impacts the tps :)

Datsaltysnek likes this.
  6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:53 AM
    So, these kind of suggestions are hard to fix/implement/ect. As there are always going to be new mods that introduce lag. I also believe if you have a big enough big of anything, like a gigantic extreme reactor for example, it will cause lag. Extreme Reactors are actually not that laggy to begin with as it is pretty well coded. After a certain point, I think anything can potentially cause TPS issues.

pizzaluc likes this.
  7. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:53 AM
    I found this when I first started to play SB.

8. c0mical

Local Time:
    thanks, thats a really good video, very informative.

I think the first topic is really import; it is not a race, I hear of setups with many many growth crystal etc but thats not friendly on the community

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  9. GGothicRide

GGothicRide The Destroyer

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    i have a suggestion for the staff of this network
    during my time of being on another network they are able to find the exact cause of the problem at the very instant it happens
    they use this mod called Overview - LagGoggles - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge which tells you exactly whats causing hits to the server, its actually pretty impressive as i purposely tried to test them with my laggiest of setups and they found it right away without me even telling them

- they found
    - cable loops
    - mechanical users working too fast
    - my insane lava gen which is actually i didnt even know this was possible but mekanism logistical pipes hold items internally including an entire storage drawer worth of items plus some

My recommendation is to have this mod purposely installed into the MyM launcher like you guys have liteloader doing, as well as requiring all staff to have this, i have played around with it myself and i do say, i have further increased my knowledge of how tps and lag towards the server works, its very worth it

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    As far as I know it doesn't do anything else then tick profiling where we already have something else just without the visual stuff. Unfortunately do most performance issues in 1.10+ not happen during those tile entity ticks which are profiled by them.

11. GGothicRide

GGothicRide The Destroyer

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    well i still think it would be wsie enough to custom make a plugin that checks for anything that is considered a loop, this seems to the very cause of most lag related issues