1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Unexpected Rollback: Attack of The B-Team

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Snowfoxs, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    Hello fellow MyM'ers,

Recently our B-Team server has suffered an outage lasting for roughly five hours, due to a repeated crash on startup. Unfortunately, this crash was a minecraft-level crash, and the crash reports provided by Minecraft have proven unhelpful; though we suspect that this was caused by corrupt NBT data in a region file.

As there were no coordinates or way for us to identify the source of the issue, we have had to restore our earliest backup of the server which has resulted in a rollback of approximately three hours.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience and share your frustration with the issue, however we felt this move was necessary to bring the server back online to allow everyone to play, rather than keep it down any longer to investigate the issue. We will however be continuing an investigation as to what caused this crash and what we can do in the future to prevent it.

Thanks for your understanding, and we all wish you the best and happy gaming!

Update:

After further investigation we've tracked down the issue and made documentation of it so we are able to easily fix in the future, without rollback

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    So this is what happens when someone places a roll backwards.

Broklyn_Datroll likes this.
  3. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    XD still i wonder waht the issue was

4. 123hotdog1100

123hotdog1100 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    I do aswell but i guess we'll never know

5. Kayyla_