1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Vanilla 1.16 (mcMMO) Server Launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HanoverFist69, Mar 7, 2021.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    12:21 PM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vanilla 1.16 (mcMMO)

Server Address
    vanilla116.mineyourmind.net or vanilla116.mym.li
    Curseforge Overwolf / GD Launcher

Launch Times
    Patron tier 3: NOW!
    Patron tier 2: Sunday, 7th March at 9am CET
    Others: Monday, 8th March at 9am CET
    Timezone Convertor
    Minecraft Version Info Nether Update: The Nether Update is a major update themed around revamping the Nether. It adds multiple new features to this dimension, such as new biomes and mobs.

Buzzy Bees Update: Buzzy Bees was a major update, mainly focused on bees and the items relating to them, as well as also fixing bugs from previous versions.

Village & Pillage Update: Village & Pillage adds a new subset of illagers known as pillagers, and redesigns village architecture to match the biome it is located in. This update also introduces many new blocks and mobs, revamps the crafting system by moving some functionalities to different blocks, updates the taiga biome with foxes and sweet berries, and adds a new bamboo jungle biome along with bamboo and pandas. It is also the first major release to include the new textures of the Texture Update.

Aquatic Update: Aquatic Update adds new blocks, such as blue ice, coral, conduits, kelp, sea pickles, stripped logs, wood, and turtle eggs were added, as well as new items such as buried treasure exploration maps, debug sticks, buckets of fish, hearts of the sea, phantom membranes, tridents, and much more. Also, water is more transparent than before and the color was changed to match specific biomes, and before 1.13 water was only dark blue. In addition, dolphins, drowned, fish mobs, phantoms, and turtles were added, as well as new biomes, a new buffet world type (a stopgap replacement for the customized world type), and new generated structures.

McMMO Info mcMMO is a renowned server-side modification for Minecraft with over 2.9 million downloads and counting. mcMMO introduces skills and abilities into Minecraft enhancing the native mechanics while extending the gameplay in ways that feel natural and require no client mods. mcMMO offers RPG experiences, leaderboards and parties all of which are completely configurable.

Note: We are using McMMO Overhaul from the original creator in Retro mode (1000 lvls).

Warning!!! This will be our first 1.16 pack using Paper and 1.16 plugins. Therefore, you should expect some minor issues as we tweak and learn how to configure things for the best player experience.

This will also be our first mcMMO server. So it will likely require some adjustments to be made in the future.

We've done our best to build it properly and we tested what we could, but that's all done in a sterile environment with only a few people. Once players start enjoying the server they will expose issue we didn't encounter. Expect config changes, and possibly world resets, as we figure out the best way to run this new setup. I do believe it's close enough to where it needs to be that no major changes will be needed though.

This server is HIGHLY experimental!!!

Server Features

Plugin Features (not a complete list):
    • Most MyM plugins are working! (Patron, Global chat, Tickets, etc. Kits are not enabled.)
    • God, Fly, Homes, Spawn, etc.
    • Claims to protect your land. 10 x 10 claim to start as always.
    • mcMMO RPG-style gameplay.
    • Random Teleports in Overworld and Farmworld.
    • Farmworlds for Overworld and Nether. (Vanilla Nether will be considered a Build world like the Overworld)
    • /warps for the Spawn, The End, Nether, FarmWorld, and FarmNether. (Some are unlocked in the /shop)
    • Player /market
    • Server /shop
    • Silktouch Spawners for more manageable farms.

Datapacks:
    • Auto-plant Saplings
    • Beehive Lore
    • Double Shulker Shells
    • Dragon Drops (Elytra)
    • Fast Leaf Decay
    • Gravestones
    • More Mob Heads
    • Server Friendly Wither
    • Shulker Respawn
    • Silence Mobs
    • Tree Pots
    • Wandering Trades

LadyRen13, Sannukun, _Cilo_ and 4 others like this.
  2. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    Can I get an AWWW YEAH! Also just wanted to give a shoutout to all of our admins, especially @HanoverFist69, for their hard work in getting this server up and running. YAY!

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    [​IMG]
    @_Insanium_ would you look at that!

Everything great but why its not on MyM Launcher? Im not big fan of using different launchers(I am watcing you every game dev with your different game shops)

4. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    8:21 PM
    heh i use MULTIMC so ill join tomorrow, or ill try

5. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I am using only MyM's but for vanilla i will use other one

6. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    Wait do y'all not have the vanilla launcher installed??? I'm so confused

7. LordEreh

Local Time:
    So if default vanilla launcher is enough why there is hidden advertisement of curse overwolf and Gd launcher?

8. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would assume since people already use those for the other packs, so for convenience sake. I use overwolf for it since I use some QoL mods for vanilla

9. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Sadly you havent assume theres people using only MyM launcher.
    MyM as Network SHOULD promote using own launcher, at least thats my opinion.

Forum section in it is really good bc it can encourage New Players to visit forum but every1 can say launcher need upgrade like Discord and/or forum buttom(i mean buttom that is hyperlink), cleaning from not avaiable servers(why in the earth there is vanilla 1.12 or vanilla+ in modpack list?)

10. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    We do that usually. But the current launcher we have out does not support 1.16, which this is, as such it's not listed here.

As soon as we have a public release that properly supports 1.16, it will be promoted as usual.

11. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    Indeed, because MyM is superior. Simple facts.

12. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    You'll notice they are locked and whitelisted. Those are the Staff training servers. :)

13. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    OOOh is that what the random discord channels are for?

14. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    There are no random Discord channels

15. CHRISRHODE2004

CHRISRHODE2004 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    having trouble finding this on curseforge/overwolf (advertized in links above) .. can someone help?? Thank you.

EDIT: i followed the link posted above mcMMO , and setup an account with spigot .. and now its charging me $20 for the download? BTW - thats the only download link on the page. Just trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  16. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry for any confusion there, the server is running 1.16.5 with server-side plug-ins. You don't have to download anything special, any launcher that can launch vanilla (including the normal minecraft launcher) will work!

17. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Tree pots data pack not working.

Me dumb, forgot put axe on item frame

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  18. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    Tree pots works its just VERY slow. A drop every 10 min. And a player must be in the area.

It's not bad though. I worked in the area a bit and got a half a chest full of mats.

19. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Can tree pot work with Iron axe? Diamond axe is... Kinda too much for 1 item/600 seconds