1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Weather on Infinity Evolved Servers

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by MBacon15, Nov 22, 2015.

1. MBacon15

MBacon15 Lastation Grunt

Local Time:
    4:00 PM
    If you've played on any of the Evolved servers, you've probably seen days where it seems to rain forever. Because it's impossible to get the server to sleep to skip the rain, would there be a possibility of some sort of weather vote, or automatic weather switch if it's been raining too long, to return it to default weather? Bees which are valuable for difficult resource gathering, passive solar generation, other mod mechanics requiring the sun, all won't work without rain.

~MBacon15

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    Is it more than normal? Could be one of those rain weather controlling items. All we know of should be banned.

3. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    12:00 AM
    All weather controlling things ARE disabled and/or banned. Its because of a vanilla minecraft mechanic, when no one sleeps for "X" amount of days, its rains. Seeing as though no one can sleep on the server unless ALL sleep at once, it rains

4. MBacon15

MBacon15 Lastation Grunt

Local Time:
    It's been going on for Minecraft days and days and days. The only one not banned is the Imperfect Ritual stone, but the imperfect rituals seem to be disabled. I've had a clock on me and there haven't been any sudden shifts to night or day.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    ugh, interesting, do you know why this is not the case on other servers? (You can not sleep on any of them)

6. MBacon15

MBacon15 Lastation Grunt

Local Time:
    No idea, for the week my partner and I played on Normal, I don't recall it ever raining, and if so, maybe once or twice for the normal amount of time.[DOUBLEPOST=1448229718][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also like to note that it's been raining through at least 1 server reset, possibly more

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Personally not sure, It could be disabled server side... :/

8. MBacon15

MBacon15 Lastation Grunt

Local Time:
    It's been easily 3 hours of nonstop rain....

9. Nucleria

Nucleria Mistress of Immaturity

Local Time:
    7:00 PM
    Everyone once in a while it randomly clears, but yeah, it rains for very long times, at least on Node 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    7:00 AM
  11. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  12. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    You could always configure it so only a couple people need to.
    Or just have a command block that requires something to turn off rain

13. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It can be configured so only 1 person need to sleep.

14. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    We should just have a command computer at spawn that controls the weather :p

15. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I don't think we would do something like that anyway, if all it takes is one person to sleep to skip the night then think of how that screws over people who are doing vamperism from witchery (near instant death when exposed to sunlight), or people waiting for midnight to do a division sigil activation etc.

My proposed solution would be a sign at spawn that can be clicked to toggle the rain on or off for 500 myms, but it would have a 10 minute global cooldown so for example, player A could turn it off if they don't want rain, but if player B needed rain for something then they could also choose to pay to turn it back on again after waiting 10 minutes, and because the cooldown for the sign would have been triggered again player B would then at least get 10 minutes of rain before anyone could pay to turn it off again.

profrags and Bennyboy1695 like this.
  16. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    500 is a bit expensive. Also the "can be configured to only 1", was not saying it should be that low, only that it could.

Instead of a sign to make it day... would a sign that clears the weather work?

17. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I didnt say anything about making it day, i said toggling the weather, and no I think 500 is perfectly reasonable as it means only people who really need to toggle it would use it.

18. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Doesn't infinity have forestry? If yes just make an rainmaker and stop the rain.

19. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    As far as the playerbase is aware, not to mention the majority of staff, ALL kinds of weather manipulation are prohibited, including the rainmaker..

Even still, if you read the first post in this thread you'll see that the player who posted it is specifically having difficulty getting started with bees as most bees early on won't work while it's raining, and to make the dissipation charges which stop the rain when used on a rainmaker requires royal jelly which only comes from imperial bees which first requires several stages of breeding, hence the catch-22.. if it is always raining you can't breed bees, if you can't breed bees you can't get imperial bees and thus royal jelly, if you can't get royal jelly you can't make dissipation charges and thus can't stop the rain, etc etc.

Also, again it poses the issue of, if we allow people to turn off the rain whenever they want with dissipation charges then what about the people who actually wanted it to rain, for example infinity has a powergen machine from immersive engineering called a lightning rod, which only produces power at random intervals while it is raining, so someone could spend time and resources making lightning rods as one of their sources of power only for some other player to keep turning the rain off as soon as it starts preventing them from ever getting a lightning strike...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It is allowed to use the rainmaker to turn off rain as long as it doesn't get abused.