1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do if ur burned out from Modded Minecraft

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by CheesyTheArtist, Apr 4, 2019.

?

egg

1. yes

63.2%
  2. no

42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CheesyTheArtist

CheesyTheArtist just a casual furry

Local Time:
    8:29 PM
    im somehow still burned out from Modded wft i do??!?!?!

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:29 PM
    play vanilla, there's always that famous anarchy server that likes to grind players into paste...

Aerydar likes this.
  3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    It is funny. Until a week ago I knew that anarchy was a thing but I never knew how it worked. I stumbled on that famous anarchy server and its Youtube channels and I am actually fascinated by its lore. Famous players who were leading a reign of terror 7 years ago are seen as legends and songs are written about them. (and for all we know they were some 12 year old with social awkwardness in realllife)

Even though the behaviour of those people would disgust me if they happened here, I am totally ok with it in the context of that server. And I am even tempted to log in and see how long I can make it :D

Now for anyone who doesn't know, check out the Youtuber FitMC, look up "Rusher War", etc. This is fascinating stuff and I could watch it all day. It is like watching a documentary about Germany's evil history. :D (Ok, I don't watch those all day)

4. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:29 AM
    Not sure how I would find joy watching a documentary about sketchy and atrocity ridden history... I can see it's historical value to learn about what happened and hope it will never happen again... But if watching those Minecraft vids is like watching a documentary about WWII's evil events, and finding it entertaining? Count me out...

:p

Zip

5. wyndman

Local Time:
    In Fit's defense when Rusher brought the youtubers to said server they brought with them a wake of destruction not seen in quite some time. As a veteran of said unnamed server I saw them for the plague that they were and took up the banner to defend the beautiful spawn from the incursion. It is funny to hear about it from another player's point of view though. I spent more time trying to support the infrastructure of the highways and canals rather than being a naughty player, until Rusher's crew destroyed the fields of wheat.. that was going to far.

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Didn't even know that you played there? What's your history there? I am just fascinated by FitMcs videos, where he shows off some 2011 bases and tells 10 minutes of stories about them.

Ok maybe the comparison to german history was a bit too much, you could just replace that with documentation about any parts of human history that has darker elements to it.

7. wyndman

Local Time:
    I've played on and off there since around 2012 or so, at the end of the facepunch era. I was around for all of popbobs antics. Fit still didn't go into how bad the back dooring was. I know he addressed some of it, but either he doesn't know or is still holding back to not piss of hausmaster even more. Popbob was a sheer terror.

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I am sure he would be happy to interview you.

9. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If you're burned out on MC, why not play something else for a while?

If you keep playing a game you're burned out on, you will just begin to hate it.

From 2011-2016 i played so much vanilla mc, and got completely burned out on it. Went on a 3 year break from MC, and now I'm back to modded MC since around 400 days ago, with 1500+ hours on modded since then.

10. wyndman

Local Time:
    That's an issue, players there live by Don't Trust Anyone mentality. I'd never be able to trust him in game, and I don't think he's soliciting comments from pleebs. My vast building's are underground for a reason. With one exception which was of course griefed.

11. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Well I mean he interviewed some original player and also stated that it is tough to get info about the early history

12. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Iam currently burned out on minecraft mostly because of my work schedule.. I currently play rimworld or what ever I want to play even tho I can feel that itch to play minecraft again buut il wait for a new server

13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10 minutes to find the canal , some melons and wood. went to the nether, ran for like 20 minutes. got out at 25k. i have food, unlimited wood and some iron. Was longer in the queue than it took me to get out of spawn. Now I bored. :D
    Time to get back here. :D

14. wyndman

Local Time:
    The canal is quite nice isn't it. Someday it will run from spawn to the world border.

15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I didn't even use the canal, -I actually had problems steering those boats in one direction, not sure how they changed in recent updates, have to look that up. I just jumped into a portal and ran through the nether into one direction.

16. wyndman

Local Time:
    Got to be careful jumping into random portals! Boats are strange in 1.12 and I think they changed in 1.10 to be weird too!

17. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hmmph, you two had me reading the server's lore for hours last night. I might just have to pay a visit too if the queue isn't too bad.

18. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I had played on it with an old account in 2013 ish. Didn't get far before getting destroyed in the spawn and quitting out of frustration (me being the 11/12 year old nub I was lol)

19. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:29 PM
    Take a break. Play another game for awhile. You will eventually get a desire to play more modded MC.

Additionally, try expert-style packs if you haven't already. They are not for everyone, but they can significantly extend the time it takes to reach the 'end-game/creative play-style' which ultimately leads to getting boredom for most.

20. CheesyTheArtist

CheesyTheArtist just a casual furry

Local Time:
    so.. i find older packs [Tekkit Classic, Project Ozone and more.] Fun than 1.12.2 and 1.10.2 modpacks.
    still finding Vannila good.