1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done What's the maximum reactor size?

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 2' started by BirdOfSteel, Aug 18, 2016.

1. BirdOfSteel

BirdOfSteel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:46 AM
    'Allo!

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, but everybody I've asked doesn't seem to know.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks <3

2. Syllogistics

Syllogistics Active Member

Local Time:
    8:46 AM
    Hola!

Now, if we are talking about the newest update from Sky Factory 2.5 and Big Reactors, according to the config file the maximum size is:
    maxReactorHeight = 48 Blocks
    maxReactorSize = 32 Blocks

Just make sure everything is chunkloaded, otherwise problems like missing fuel could occur. On the other side, this thing would be a massive lag monster, since those are a lot of active blocks (multistructue), but I am not sure. ;)

-Syllogistics

3. recaltotal

recaltotal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    tbh i wouldnt recommend building any multiblock structures crossing chunks i know its not "rules" on mym to keep within chunks but it is more efficient for running of servers uses less resources on the server.. that part is in the rules because if you use to much server resource it will be removed

F4lconwings likes this.
  4. BirdOfSteel

Local Time:
    Ah, finally! Thanks, this was bugging me for a quite a while.

I guess I'll build the max size and see what happens. If the server seems to increase noticeably in lag, then I'll get rid of it. I am a bit of an energy hog though and 224K RF/t is way below enough for me! I'm mainly doing this for the achievement, though. I can always build a draconic reactor if I was desperate for energy.[DOUBLEPOST=1471541345][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hm. Maybe I'll build about 5 reactors in 5 separate chunks, then. Thanks for the info, though!

5. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We recommend players to just build their multiblock structures in 1 chunk, just for the serverfriendlyness. Recaltotal was absolutely right with what he said, so keep it in mind. Your reactor could be the maximum height, but always think of fuelefficiency and poweroutput :)
    I'll mark the thread as done for you.
    -Endorian

6. BirdOfSteel

Local Time:
    Lovely. I'll build it once just to say I did it for the achievement, then!

7. Profiting

Profiting Member

Local Time:
    If you build it in one chunk it also saves fuel, reactors cross multiple chunks use more fuel due to some chunkloading reasons

8. BirdOfSteel

Local Time:
    True. But yellorite seed farms come in to save the day!

9. Syllogistics

Local Time:
    I don't want to be rude or anything like that, but I'm not sure if you read my post ^-^

As I said, no meaning to be rude, unrespectful or even offensive. But it just gave me the feeling that posts aren't read completely, which you should. Though this is done, and I am happy that we could help someone else ;)

And yeah, I know this shouldn't be here since this is a finished support post, but I just felt that I am being ignored / people don't complete reading a post.

#HaveSomeLoveForForumPostAndReadTheCompletelyAndDontIgnoreThem

Syllogistics out.

10. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We do read your post. But we do as well have a right to post something here and give tips and advises just as you, dont we?
    Not sure why your posts have some higher importance than the ones of others.
    Maybe you should think about that. You are not the only one that wants to help people.

11. Syllogistics

Local Time:
    That was never my intend, sorry. There is no higher importance, everyone is a player at the end ;)

Syllogistics out.