1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Witchery Magic Mirror Problems

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by TombRaider271, Nov 10, 2015.

1. TombRaider271

TombRaider271 New Member

Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    I recently made a magic mirror, which was no easy task, but I was sad to see that its best features seemed to be disabled via config and that every time I use it it spams the entire server with chants. My favorite feature of the mirror is the mirror form. The mirror form allows me to, at the cost of a lot of altar power, right click on the mirror with a taglock of a player and morph into that player. Currently that doesn't work at all, there are a few config values that control the mirror and I think they may have been automatically disabled. Heres a snippet of the witchery wiki of the values:"Use the config options: B:AllowChatMasquerading and B:AllowNameplateMasquerading to control these two aspects of this power."
    If you enable them it will be like a much much more powerful version of the morph mod skin changing, but with taglock instead of killing the player to get their skin. If you would like to read more on the mirror here is the wiki page on it:

Magic Mirror - Witchery Mod for Minecraft

Thank you for your time,
    TombRaider271

2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    chat was disabled because player x can spam chat as player y getting player y in trouble[DOUBLEPOST=1447116410][/DOUBLEPOST]another reason is staff impersonation. .
    and for why morphing is change spamming chat to griefing as it overrides name tags.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    chugga_fan likes this.
  3. TombRaider271

TombRaider271 New Member

Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    Not all of it is chat based, even nametags like the morph mod has is broken, also it is easy to decipher the real player from the fake one. They are entirely different players and there are even a few potions that reveal the fake player.... Not to mention the wont have access to anything the other player has.... It should be like the most obvious copycat[DOUBLEPOST=1447118953,1447117108][/DOUBLEPOST]Also you can only impersonate someone at all if you have their taglock, which you cannot have unless they let you have it or agree to a fight in which those are an acceptable form.... if you take it from someone you would be banned.... so staff impersonation would not only be near impossible.... but extraordinarily obvious