1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wither boss in claim

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Sir_Oj, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:44 AM
    Hello I play on the beyond server and got a question about the wither boss. If I spawn him in a small room in my base. Will he destroy my whole base or will my base be protected because I claimed the area.

Any other tips on killing your first Wither boss are welcome too. But I was planning on just making a small room for him and then keep hitting him untill it drops dead.

Thanks ahead,

Sir_Oj

2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    It won't spawn

3. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The Wither can only be spawned in the Nether, as that dimension is the only one in which you are allowed to place the Wither Skeleton Skulls ontop of Soulsand.

4. MadokaMYS

MadokaMYS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    then what if i claim an area of land in the nether and then spawn it?

5. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    Never claim in the nether trust me people have a tendency to 1. make lag spawners (yes this was/is a real thing that will always happen) 2. claim large areas and take the spawners IE the blaze ones (which people should only take what they need or a make a open to the public spawner.) but also the nether does restart also if i remember correctly beyond has Woot (energy to items and such mod) so id reccomend you build a woot factory first (the tier for the wither) instead of spawning multiple withers

ThePhoenix116 likes this.
  6. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I was about to ask the same as MadokaMYS, what if i just claim a area in the nether not to make auto farm but just to be able to spawn withers in my claim. but I will look into Woot, never used that mod, but sounds like the thing I was looking for

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    Woot is a good way of farming netherstars. ;)

8. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have looked into woot. Looks realy cool, but to get netherstars from it you need to spawn adleast 1 boss to capture it and kill a 2nd one to make nether star shards.

So back to my first question. Does the wither boss destroy blocks in your claim (in the nether). Will need to kill adleast 1 wither boss to get woot up and running.

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
  10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:44 PM
    truthfully speaking, you need to kill two (2) wither bosses in order to build the tier of woot spawner needed. you don't actually have to kill the wither to capture it, simply hit it at one point with your mob prism. be sure to kill it when you've done that, out of courtesy for others. when you've captured it, the prism will have an enchantment-like glow to it. just some helpful info for ya :p

11. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Keep us posted on your progression and if you need more tips/tricks. Good luck!
    -Tipsied

12. MadokaMYS

MadokaMYS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    btw mine is in Age of Engineering, sorry if i'm in the wrong modpack but i mainly was just interested in asking this too actually.
    Anyway, my setup is for manual use, so i set the soulsand then place the 3 skulls and then i proceed to kill it and repeat.

13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yeah, AoE doesn't have woot (it encourages interesting ways to automate things)
    [doublepost=1508340505][/doublepost]but yeah, build a wither like you would normally, it just has to be in the nether.

14. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for this info. I expected that when you capture a mob, the mob would disapear, but idd it doesn't. And I also mis calculated how many bocks a tier 4 needed so yea I do indeed need to kill 2 wither bosses.

I post back when I have killed the wither boss, but will take me some time, first need to get the wither skelleton heads and I don't have a lot of time the coming days.
    [doublepost=1508362973,1508351525][/doublepost]On a side note, I'm already thinking of the options that Woot will give me. One problem I have had before was getting eggs (without having lots of chickens a life). The only realy way I know off farming eggs is bees, but even that never gave me a lot of eggs. And easter is still quit far away, so that isn't a option anytime soon either.

Woot sounds like the perfect machine to get eggs, but chickens don't drop eggs on death. So is there a way to get eggs from Woot? or is there some other machine/mod that I can use to get eggs?

Edit: (not sure, but maybe I should have started a new thread for this question)

15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well, the ender dragon doesn't drop dragon's breath on death... but the woot farm gives you it anyway. so logically speaking, chickens ought to give you eggs in a woot farm as well.

16. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have just tested it, but no eggs. So either I'm doing something wrong or woot does not give eggs. Any other ideas?

17. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Use a chicken farm.

18. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:44 PM
    I'd use a chicken farm, just make sure it is efficient in killing them off if you are hatching things.

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well your best bet would be to use an EnderIO powered spawner. it takes some machines to eventually make a functional chicken spawner, but it's still possible.

20. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Hopper+dispenser?