1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World border kill you? Lose your stuff? Got IC2? No problem!

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by mrminesheeps, Apr 26, 2018.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    So, you did a thing, and died to the world border. But you realized that you have IC2 in your modpack!*
    With this realization, you created the mining laser, which you then used in conjunction with some /god or other similar anti-death contraption to go beyond the border and retrieve your items.

*IC2 may not be in your modpack. Please consult NEI/JEI for further details.

In all seriousness, you can use IC2's mining laser to break a grave- or any block, for that matter- beyond the world border. Since the tool doesn't utilize the highlight block and break situation, it can break it, and yes, it *will* drop your stuff. I've personally tested this multiple times with my deaths to the Lost Cities dimension on Revelations. It's also worked for others, whom I have lended mining lasers to in order to retrieve their graves. This is a great thing to utilize in the case of death by world border, as it could save a lot of staff's valuable time.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    Or you could do the right thing and ask a staff member to retrieve your items, rather than end up getting the block banned because some naughty player goes around using it...

Aerydar, Datsaltysnek and Cantiel like this.
  3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    Well a fix for anti-grief is really easy. You could just do the same thing you do with Thaumcraft wands and other stuff. Just remove it from the hotbar when you get near to a claim. Due to it's range, I'd say about 100 some blocks distance is a safe bet, because the laser usually despawns when it crosses a few chunks.
    [doublepost=1524769813][/doublepost]Another potential option is preventing it's use in the overworld. I've rarely heard of deaths from the overworld world border anyhow.