1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done World Download

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by Bastian_76, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Bastian_76

Bastian_76 New Member

Local Time:
    8:24 PM
    Is there a way (before a purge happens sometime down the track) of getting a world download? I'd hate to think i'd lose everything when I've spent more time on this multiplayer server making things look pretty than in my single player world.

2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    10:24 AM
    We don't really offer full world downloads as that would be several GB for each server, but when the time comes for a server to reset you will be given the opportunity to request a download of the region file(s) that has your base in it :)

Bastian_76 likes this.
  3. Bastian_76

Bastian_76 New Member

Local Time:
    8:24 PM
    Sweet, love your work

4. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    This may be stupid question, but why not? I don't see anything wrong with a gigabyte+ file download.

5. Aamia

Aamia The Most Powerful Warlock

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    I once tried to upload a few GB file:
    1. I think you can upload that big files only to MEGA
    2. I once tried and it loaded 5 days, and after it completed, it loads again :O
    So it would take about a month to upload it :D I also would like the whole world downloads, but, well, it is too big :/

6. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Firstly, isn't the data hosted at the server host? wouldn't that have like a gigabit connection? Also i loaded the full horizon+ world with out error. And a few gb's would not take long as long as you have a half decent internet connection.

7. Aamia

Aamia The Most Powerful Warlock

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    But other things like compressing to zip will also take some time. And I think noone wants to have computer turned on for 1 or 2 or 3 days to upload a few GB file. Staff don't have that much time to spend in front of a computer uploading a big file :D