1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Would really like a #suggestmusic channel seperated from the #entertainment channel.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by DaTimmay, Oct 20, 2020.

1. DaTimmay

DaTimmay Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    As stated in the title. I would really enjoy a #suggestmusic channel on MyM Discord apart from the #entertainment channel. To not spam it too much. Because I feel sharing music we like and feel important enough to share with each each other should not flood #entertainment but instead have a seperate channel. There's just too much of it for me personally.

Have a good one!
    Greetings! Stay safe!

DaTimmay
    Tim L. Krause

2. DaTimmay

DaTimmay Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    I hope the way i put it in this entry, my pointovview is accurate enough to understand. If you do not feel like having a seperate channel for shared musical content, please give feedback and critical onpnions as much as u can. I always enjoy oppositon more than do like agreement.

DaTimmay
    Tim L. Krause

3. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    1:26 PM
    As I had previously stated, I am against a separate music specific channel. Until now the entertainment channel has worked just fine for people sharing music in, along with other media types. Maybe renaming that channel to "Music and Entertainment" might be a better option, though music already falls under the entertainment category.

Now, you would not be allowed to flood (spam) the channel even if we had a music only channel, which we did briefly talk about on global. My rule of thumb would be, after you post some music, wait for another user to either comment on what you posted, or post something themselves before you post again, unless a long period of time has elapsed.

4. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I agree with Lirael. Making a separate channel would not remove the spamming restriction, and the point of sharing songs is to see other people's affinity towards it. If you wanted to share a lot of songs i'd recommend making a playlist I can follow and listen to on my own.
    Music Dumps are normally very hard to keep a track of, having them in playlist form ensures you can keep track of what you've listened to and it also removes the need for a 100 song links and thus reduces spam.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  5. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:26 PM
    Sorry DaTimmay at this time we are denying it at this time due to the following reasons:

We already have entertainment channel that music links can be posted.
    Another channel being made to avoid the no spamming rule isn't going to be added.

Thanks for your suggestion and have a wonderful day.