1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your servers are destined to continue to be awesome!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by havoc64, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havoc64

havoc64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    The 2 week wipe rule is byond ludacris and because of it all my friends have quit, after getting everything deleted by it 3 times now I can not tolerate it any longer either and mark my words this feature will end up killing your game as each new player who tries our server eventually gets their creations destroyed as well and loose all will to play your server as has happened time and time again with every player you've ever had. There are no veterans here because you return them to blank slates if they go as little as 2 weeks without logging in. it is demoralizing and infuriating and drives players to quit.

2. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:44 PM
    Dude no veterans huh I've been here for almost 2 years now and had countless times where my base was whipped, do I care no I just start over. Also the 2 week rule is a thing so the world doesn't get flooded with inactive claims you can also extend it to a month

3. havoc64

Local Time:
    There is no reason to start over when everything will only be deleted again and again

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Its so the world doesn't get flooded with inactive claims also you can extend it to a month any veteran of the server would know that

5. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    It’s quite easy to log in once in 2 weeks, and in the case where that is unfeasible for a player, we have an absence system to extend the claim deletion timer.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  6. havoc64

Local Time:
    No, it's really not that's why so many people keep getting their bases deleted then quitting out of frustration

7. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Honestly, in my over two years as a staffer, I don’t hear complaints about our system very often, if at all prior to this thread.
    The system is in place for a reason, and as stated above if you absolutely just can’t log in for two weeks, you can run a command and get it extended to a month which is plenty of time to log in.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  8. _Cilo_

_Cilo_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    Veteran right here been here erm since 2014 :)

LadyRen13 likes this.
  9. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Here since 2015

LadyRen13 likes this.
  10. Cubelex_YT

Cubelex_YT The steampunker Lord

Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    Even as a player, who "only" started in 2016, i can say, that my bases only got deleted, when i wasn't even interested in the pack anymore.
    I have been playing a total of 55 days now and have never complained about this rule, because its logical for a network to not save data from players, that don't even play anymore. It cleans the environment and doesn't waste data.
    And just because its your experience, that everything gets deleted and you have to start over again several times, it doesn't apply to everyone.

ItzxOdd likes this.
  11. havoc64

Local Time:
    If it was plenty of time, then so many players would not have had everything destroyed. Jean, Bmuria, Mike, Future, and many others. I did my best to preserve Bmuria's base but it got wiped along with mine the first time the wipe hit me. I tried to rebuild and reintegrate myself but life happens (not that you understand or care), Future talked me into saying, I rebuilt one last time, this time planning to leave unclaimed mementos but decided to stay again.... and claimed just about everything to protect it from griefers. Future got busy with RL working overtime at his job and didn't have much time to log in Gravity and myself did the best we could to preserve his base but gravity went without logging and in his base too got deleted when he finally came back to his base being gone, he had no will to play anymore. With all my friends gone to your garbage mechanics even I was losing will to play, it was all I could do to log in at least once every 2 weeks to keep all my creations from being destroyed again. If I unclaim them griefers will destroy them, if I didn't you'd destroy them (as ended up their fate anyways)

And yes, a lot of people hate your wipe mechanic, but instead of complaining on the forums they all just quit like I was planning to before Future convince me to stay

12. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have been around MyM since October 2016, I have had a base on every server I've played on wiped, including my base on Awakening while at 80% quest completion The 2 week period has always been a thing since I have been here. This is to keep old bases from sitting around until a server is shut down giving room for new players to come along and to remove bases that are overpowered but chunkloaded and forgotten about.

The ClaimDeleter plugin helps keep the servers feeling new to new players and help keep server stability more than some realize. I can understand the frustration, I was a bit upset when I lost my base on both DJ and Awakening but that is something I had to deal with because I didnt take the 10 minutes out of my day to load a pack and just login for a few minutes.

Never have I run into someone, other than yourself, who has had an issue with Claim deleter after being explained why it is here. They are upset at first but after the explanation, they thank us and are fine with their loss. It is tor the better interest of the network with the plugin. If it wasn't, it would not be getting implemented on every server we open that it is possible to implement on.

tonalom likes this.
  13. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Myself, I've played since later 2013, and have had multiple bases wiped; Agrarian skies 1 and 2, b-team, ultimate, tppi and the list goes on. It's not like I'm overly happy to think that my progress has been reset, but when I look back I'm glad the system is in place. Not only does it allow for new players to find fresh areas to build in, and also allows the world to look great as well, but what would I do if my bases just remained intact over the years? I'd much rather start all over again than keep playing on a pack I've already completed, I'd even go as far as to say that's why I've always come back to MyM these past 6 years.

So while I understand it's annoying that bases can reset when other more important circumstances come in the way, I still think the benefits of the system greatly outweighs that of the drawbacks.

14. Cubelex_YT

Local Time:
    upload_2019-3-15_20-16-19.
    Even though this message shows up, i have seen some, not many, people making similar experiences. But those people realised, that they haven't been active. They usually started again.
    I was inactive for some time, but i managed to visit the server every 10 days. I have stayed about 10 minutes and my claims weren't deleted. That's how many players were able to preserve their bases even if they have been inactive.

15. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Newbs.... Get on my level you silly admins. ;)

As for @havoc64 we are not to blame if your mom grounds you consitantly so you can not log in so your base gets removed, and you are to incompetent to submit am absence request in game or on the forums if you can not get in game.

And if you don't come back? Then make sure the door don't hit you where the good lord split you.

ElectricPoof likes this.
  16. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    All it takes is to load up the pack (5-10 mins depending on your pc) and login on the server (5 mins so the server recognizes your on). If you can't make 15 mins out of your life to load up the pack to keep your base is your base really worth it to you to keep?

Also the server can allow /absent for when you know you wont be on for over 2 weeks. Or you buy a patron rank that extends the timer for when your base gets deleted if that's worth it to you.

There is also a way to download your base if you know you wont be on the server for a extended amount of time so you can continue your play though in single player. (sorry I don't know the commands I have never done this before.)

The server does give you options if you do care about keeping your base, its just you need to take the time if your base is worth it to you.

17. havoc64

Local Time:
    That's what I've been trying to do but a lot of people get busy with life, especially with my mother having surgery, jsut because you can magically find time no matter how busy you get doesn't mean everyone can

18. Cubelex_YT

Local Time:
    Booker don't be so mean to people. Otherwise ill tell my mom.
    Also, you can ask the staff (politely) to not delete your claim, because you are in holidays/ you are busy/ etc

19. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    ... This is me we are talking about right? ;)

Cubelex_YT likes this.
  20. havoc64

Local Time:
    My pc does not load stuff that fast, not anymore. Been slow as hell every since recovering from an adfly virus (that a lot of mod makers obsess with)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.