Rule clarification about duped items and rollbacks

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by alven4, Feb 2, 2016.

1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:09 AM
    The rules do not exactly state that you can't keep items gotten due to rollback. I would like if it was exactly stated that "You must not keep items obtained due to server rollbacks, crashes and errors even if you got them unintentionally. You must not give those items to other players and you are required to destroy them using lava/fire."

2. DrakeonGaming

DrakeonGaming Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:09 PM
    or trash can

3. Ash00182

Ash00182 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:09 AM
    The rules are more of a general guidelines. Specifying each individual case would mean the rules page would be overcomplicated and people wont want to read it.

"Abusing bugs/exploits" - This would be related to duping.

I dont see a need to specify to that accuracy. Simply applying common sense would make the answer to that situation clear.

4. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I personally didn't understand that "Abusing bugs/exploits" as you shouldn't keep the items gotten due rollback. I understood it like "You must not use bugs and exploits to dupe your items and gain unfair advantage in PvP over another player, or use bugs and exploits to bypass claims". I understood it like I shouldn't abuse exploits and bugs intentionally (like putting something somewhere to dupe it) but I didn't think that it is wrong to keep items gotten due to rollback because it was one time thing and I am unable to repeat it nor intentionally abuse it over and over. I thought all of this before staff clarified and explained it to me.

5. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:09 PM
    -post here

These two are two great points that I think anyone reading this topic and wanting to reply to should take into consideration.

These are also the reason we have staff, forums, ticket system, and public slack. You are always welcome to contact us in all those types of ways if by the end of the day you are unsure of something in the rules (or anything concerning your game play here).

alven4 likes this.
  6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    With it also causing item loss we see it as an exchange as long as it is not abused e.g. preparing for a crash to dupe high value stuff or even causing the crash in order to dupe..

sporefreak likes this.
  7. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Now, I am getting really confused. Admin and some moderators told me to not keep those items and now I hear opposite.

Can you please explain more?