Not Possible [All Thaumcraft Servers]Outer Lands added to MyM portal

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by _Lordicon, Feb 4, 2016.

1. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    3:34 PM
    I started working thaumcraft and noticed something very interesting which might need some looking into. When working with this mod sooner or later you will unlock the Eldritch tab. in this tab it will give you the ability to craft the Eldritch Eye which you need 4 of them to open a portal to the Outer Lands.

The problem though is that most of the Eldritch Altars where you place the Eldritch Eyes have been destroyed by players in the overworld and you can not open the portal from the farmworld. Right now you can not progress and enter this world due to not being able to find the Altars.

I am making the suggestion for one of two ideas. One would be to add the Outer Lands to the MyM Portal with a cost of 4 Eldritch Eyes to allow players to reach this land, However I am thinking that this should not be perma unlocked on the MyM Portal and you have to use the 4 Eyes each time you want to go there. Also maybe make it 6 Eldritch eyes due to the fact that you need so much warp and 100 each vis as well to open the normal portal.

Other idea would be to place the Eldritch Altar at the spawn point making it so they can not break the blocks but can place the eyes on the blocks in order to open the portal.

Any thoughts??

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    You can't, sorry, :/ the portal can't connect properly to a dungeon and you die from that, life sucks, the outer lands should reset, claim ALL altars you find

3. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    This wouldnt work as each obelisk takes you to a new outerlands area, meaning that the mym portal would either need to use that code or would need its own way of doing it

4. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Also thinking maybe a way to regenerate obelisks once a week on the server incase players grief them and break them all. On DW20 I have been flying around searching for 2 days and have not found one yet.

5. CheshireLill

CheshireLill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:34 PM
    I don't believe they allow you to claim more than 1 portal per group/team. At one point there was a player who had claimed 30 something obelisks and didn't even really play on the server. They played a different modpack. I don't feel as if that is a proper solution Chugga.

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    actuak
    actually, it's allowed, if you're not ACTIVE though... you can call on a Sr.Mod to get the claim removed so you can get to the obelisk

7. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    there are mods that could solve this

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Do tell us of this mythical mod, thank you

9. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    gadomancy
    it has the ability to create a portal using a multiblock structure

10. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Obelisks also arent respawnable because they dont come with the needed auranode when respawned/spawned in creativly

CheshireLill likes this.
  11. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    yep and since people will destroy them people will have a hard time actually doing that part of thaumcraft

12. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:34 PM
    Doesn't work. I tried on Thaumic Skies.

Aside, even it did work... we currently only have 1 pack that has Gadomancy.

I think the best possible solution is to just add a recipe for Primordial Pearl on all servers. I believe @Matryoshika was talking about this at one point.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    only cuz it's not in the overworld, that's the problem

14. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There MAY be a solution to this (and several other issues) on the horizon (I'll have to add thaumcraft to my testing cycle to see if it would work with what i'm planning)...however, development is still on going, and it's still early yet in the dev cycle.

Just...keep an eye on the forums :D I'm hoping to get development/testing, and then production testing done in the next month or 2.

bigbluu722, Zxirl and LunaBlossoms like this.
  15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    if you need me to dev in any spare time, i can always help ;)

MrWisski likes this.
  16. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    5:34 AM
    we already have this on civilization, there is a research to make the powerless pearls from witching gadgets, which u can then turn into the real deal.

However this requires one of two things, possibly both. 1 is u need to travel to the far lands and scan the portal, or two u need to scan a primordial pearl.

the first is easy, have a teleport sign to a far lands dungeon that has already been cleared, they player cant do anything there, but they can scan what they need.

the second is a bit tricky, is there a way to make something scan able while on a pedistool or anything?

But anyway, we already have this in the pack, u just need to research it.

17. Dovahpork

Local Time:
    to me that takes the fun out of it
    and the challenge of killing the boss

18. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    wait till u see the recipe, its much easier killing the boss. so those who take all the portals will still have a slight advantage, but people who join 2 weeks latter can still explore all of thaumcraft.

19. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:34 PM
    Developed iconograph.

20. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    Which can be sold by the server, genius!