MyM Communi-Craft modpack

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by FoxFire_MC, Feb 5, 2016.

?

Should a modpack be made to raplace vanilla plus?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2016.
  1. Yes

73.1%
  2. No

26.9%
  1. FoxFire_MC

FoxFire_MC The Walking Mineapedia

Local Time:
    1:27 AM
    Ok now alot of us have mixed feelings about V+ because of the small active player count and attention needed to keep it running. Its a fun pack with a focus on the players and not progression in tech and magic mods. With most packs players will vanish into a hole on day one running from all things unholy on their tail, and days later emerging with bound armor and the most OP weapon in the game. With V+, players are out and about with other players and working together to have a fun time and build cool stuffs and things. That feeling is a desired feeling that is rarely achieved. The server is getting laggy for unknown reasons in certain places. We have been requesting a map reset to fix the lag and and start afresh. Another option that we have been discussing is the creation of a new pack. Im not sure how many other players on this network have experience making packs, so if this is a feasible option then I would like to volunteer. The idea is another "light pack" but yet not quite that light if you know what i mean. The weapons/armor/tools in the pack are quite lacking with the best thing being plain diamond gear which is kinda boring to be honest. Now we know that this was the idea when slowpoke was making it but its nigh unto impossible to make a effective sorting system without making a 32x32 space full of hoppers. People have been digging 64x64 holes down to bedrock one painful block by one painful block at a time just using a diamond pick, a beacon and some epic bacon. A hammer would make that task so much easier. At least 70% on the players would be willing for this change, and as usual those players will ( hopefully)
    come by to say just that. If everybody is Ok and willing for this change please suggest mods and we will hopefully come to an agreement. :D And now we look to you good players of MYM to see what you will say!

tags: @Saint_Ceadda @skrilla1984 @oldfroglady @zacattacksellers @Tsaylor

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    zacattacksellers likes this.
  2. zacattacksellers

zacattacksellers Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:27 AM
    its a yes for me and i would like to see tinkers towny protection and enchanter +

3. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Towny and enchanting plus are plugins but tinkers is definitely planned. :)

4. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    2:27 AM
    enchanting+ is a mod lol, adds an INSANELY broken enchanting table that would totally **** over any possible vanilla feel

5. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Apologies what I meant was custom enchants. Enchanting plus isn't broken, it only allows you choose what enchantment you want but for a higher cost. And the goal isn't necessarily going for a vanilla feel but more for a "old" if you know what I mean. But the theme is also up for debate!

6. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    it also lets you make "god" stuff

7. zacattacksellers

Local Time:
    we hate spending days just working on enchantments and remember it is a hard sever i almost died from a wither with full prot 3 diamond
    so god stuff would be nice. and the ,modpack he is working on is not v+ its a lite modpack. i have to also repair my armor like every 2 hours of play time and i have been spending days trying to get unbreaking 3 oin all my gear still have not finished btw do you even v+ bro.

8. Saint_Ceadda

Saint_Ceadda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    When new players join our Vanilla+ server and ask what the modpack's theme is, I usually describe it as an agricultural litepack that adds additional building materials, advanced farming, and more of a challenge than Vanilla. The Vanilla+ server is very community oriented, with more than half of active players living in our player built and managed town. We work together on large communal projects, which helps with player retention. In a potential replacement pack for Vanilla+, I would like to see the elements that make the server community based retained.

This means that mods that make individual players powerful enough to handle everything themselves should not be included. Over powered armor, weapons, and tools have no place. We need mods that encourage or even force players to work together to progress. The old Hexxit modpack included a ton of exploration, questing, and fighting mods that made setting off alone into the world extremely challenging. A combination of that aspect with Vanilla+ would be perfect. Limit the types of armor and weapons that players can craft or obtain, but infuse the world with danger, and you will be left with an extremely challenging server that forces players to work together to survive.

9. zacattacksellers

Local Time:
    to bad they dont have hexit on here or that it still receives updates

10. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    From what i understand V+ is there as a starting ground for new players and people who have the lower end of the specs grade. The problem with something like V+ is that its a niche market. Unlike Infinity which has advertisement everywhere, V+ is more of a hidden gem, i would prefer to get rid of Pixelmon before theis tbh

11. zacattacksellers

Local Time:
    well vanilla + is not necessarily for new player because its on hard i died probably 10 times in the beginning and infinity is so dang easy i would suggest that mod over vanilla + any day.vanilla + is more for people who do not want to do tech or magic but farming and decorating and being a good part in the community.[DOUBLEPOST=1454812859][/DOUBLEPOST]also the mym owners are not updating the pack the last update for vanilla + was in this December
    so if the sever owners are unwilling to update the pack there is no reason to have it. vanilla + on this sever is 1.7.10 wile on other severs its
    1.8.1 so for the sever owners saying they dont want to do more with it because there are no more updates is a bunch of ****

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    The pack is on version 1.0.0 which the server is, too. There are no recommended updates available:
    [​IMG]

13. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    @Slind Yes there is, i have to downgrade to the beta on the curse launcher,the version number is the same but the mods are a bit different.

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    The recommended version (to which we usually stick) on the FTB Launcher is 1.0.0. But we can try 1.1.0 and see if that solves the issue.

15. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Here is the rough draft for the pack we have been talking about. The ones with the ? marks are the ones that need to be debated about. If you have any suggestions please comment.
    tinkers
    dragon mounts?
    open blocks
    extra utils
    travellers gear
    baubles
    Adventure Backpack
    archimedes ships?
    journey map
    waila
    wawla
    inv tweaks
    NEI
    pams
    agricraft
    natura
    bibliocraft
    mrcrayfish
    iron chests
    modular systems
    carpenters blocks
    jabba
    xp teleporters?
    meatalurgy
    extra tic
    chisel 2
    ender storage
    ztones
    immersive engineering
    morpheus
    dense ores
    hardcore questing mode
    project red
    fast leaf decay
    doors?
    tinkers mechworks
    MalisisDoors
    tinker tweaks
    TiConAutoToolStation
    Lycanites Mobs??
    ropes+
    wrcbe
    smartmoving
    betterfoliage
    dynamic lights
    custom main menu

16. terrorfreeze

terrorfreeze Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i have a pack ive put together but need help finish it up i would gladly donate it to mym in exchange for help finishing th e pack firefox_mc

17. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Please explain further. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

18. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 PM
    HQM? Guessing your going to do all the quests? Your also going to get permission for every mod to be used in the pack? Archimedes ships probably won't happen, believe it had gotten disabled on other modpack for causing issues. Just curious, are you just throwing mods together that seem cool for the pack or are you actually checking their compatibility together and f they fit your pack theme, since you do want a lite pack like V+. ( This isn't supposed to sound rude, just pointing out some things I wanted to know that might help )

19. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Hqm is not necessarily for quests alone but also could be used for tutorials or trading items. The "quests" would be edited by me but all everyone can suggest them. As I said, that was a rough draft, the list is guaranteed to be changed because of lack of permission or problem that it causes. The next step would be to get permission to use them. As of the time of this post they are but an idea up for discussion. Archamedes ships has caused problems in 1.6 but has been polished for 1.7, and it has been known to lag the server when large ships are made but that is configurable of course (the size of ship I mean).

profrags likes this.
  20. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 PM
    Ok, thanks for clarifying that! :D