MyM Communi-Craft modpack

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by FoxFire_MC, Feb 5, 2016.

?

Should a modpack be made to raplace vanilla plus?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2016.
  1. Yes

73.1%
  2. No

26.9%
  1. skrilla1984

skrilla1984 Not Canadian.

Local Time:
    3:36 AM
    I don't believe we should completely replace Vanilla+, but a new light pack would be nice.

I've been playing on this modpack for a while, and I'm greatly vested in it. Not just my builds, but mcmmo stuffs, myms, claimblocks, all that. It took a while to get, so I'm going to be less likely to ditch this modpack in favor of another one. I do agree it does take quite a bit longer to mine without tinkers and quarries, but that's part of the fun of it. You take more pride in your work if you have to work for it, rather than just spamming your mouse button for 5 minutes and having a huge hole, or placing a machine and a solar panel and going about your business. That's the biggest reason I still play vanilla+, because there's always something to do. As far as the lag goes, the admins and the like have been working on fixing it and it has gotten better of the last couple of days. We are growing in popularity in v+ with the addition of our city. If you take time and build nice things, people want to come back and build nice things as well :)

But yes, another light modpack would be great to have. Like a step 2 into the heavier stuff.

2. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:36 AM
    So its a tutorial pack about using mods?
    How about "In the beginning...."

3. FoxFire_MC

FoxFire_MC The Walking Mineapedia

Local Time:
    If the server is reset then your levels in mcmmo and everything would be gone anyway. And as for the myms and the claimblocks I think they will carry over to the server. Although I could be talking nonsense but I think that the myms and the claimblocks carry over just like the titles(dont quote me on that though).[DOUBLEPOST=1455054322,1455053642][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No its not a tutorial pack it just has a few tutorials in it... You really are set on HQM aren't you?:smuggrin: You could go through the whole server with out touching the questbook, but you wouldn't get things like flight.

On another note, I have gotten all of the permissions needed for the mods to be used in the pack. Although I have found a conflict.
    The backpack mod I was going to use had some cool extra features like being able to carry liquids and being a crafting table. But it isnt compatable with the Player API needed for Smart Moving. I might be able to fix the conflict but if I cant I want you guys(and gals) to vote on weather we should replace the backpack mod for another or get rid of Smart Moving. Smart Moving is really cool as it allows you do things like climb, crawl, run faster, swim better, and jump higher just to name a few. I myself would rather have Smart Moving,but thats just me. Before you vote,please look up both mods to see what they can do. After you decide reply to this post.

- FoxFire_MC

4. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I dont have a reputation of HQM for nothing

5. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Hmm well this is a bit different but it will have quests for completion. :wacky:

6. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Then you will see me there

7. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Smartmoving causes alot of crashes last time i used it
    i like the backpack one

8. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    If i could make a suggestion, add some mods nobody has used before b ecause otherwise it seems like reworked old packs

9. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:36 AM
    Remove Smart moving and keep backpacks :D! They really helped for adventuring when I played on hubris :)

10. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    We could add some but what ones do you suggest? The reason people usually don't is because they usually have a lot of bugs.

The I might be able to keep the backpacks if I disabled the rendering of the back pack on the players back. They would still function but it would just not look like your wearing one. As for smart moving crashing, I have been using it quite a lot and have experienced no problems.

11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Idk something new and funky fresh, otherwise it just seems old and we dont learn anything new for players that already know it

12. subzerofox

subzerofox New Member

Local Time:
    I've come up with a small pack. It's intended purpose is a refitted vanilla+. i've added forestry, immersive engineersing, and tinkers construct. I've removed mine and blade, and railcraft. I feel it still fits the playstyle the players on vanilla+ like, while adding something more for us to do, and to play with (aka the mods i added). If we were to replace it, i feel this would be the way to do it. We have plenty of techy packs, this pack was inteded to keep the feel of vanilla, while still giving us the modded minecraft content. I've included a dropbox link. to add it to curse, simply locate the instances folder from your curse location (acessable by selecting open folder on any existing instance you may have) creating a new folder in teh instance folder labled vanilla++ and adding these files to it. Please give me any feedback you have on this idea, via pm or forum reply. i can address any questions and concerns regarding the pack. I feel this may be the direction to go regarding the replacement of V+, or an addition of a similar modpack.

Link--> Dropbox - Vanilla++.rar

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    railcraft is bae put it ack

zacattacksellers and skrilla1984 like this.
  14. skrilla1984

skrilla1984 Not Canadian.

Local Time:
    i <3 railcraft, but in v+ there is no coke so we have to use coal :(

zacattacksellers likes this.
  15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I just like building electric lines there cool but deadly

16. subzerofox

subzerofox New Member

Local Time:
    Railcraft in V+ as it is currently, is useless. I can add it back it, all the recipies unlocked, but immersive has it's own coal coke as well, and cool power lines.\

Edit: Update- Re-added railcraft

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  17. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    The new Railcraft adds a coke oven i thought or am i wrong again XD

johnfg10 and zacattacksellers like this.
  18. zacattacksellers

zacattacksellers Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:36 AM
    Subzerofix you need a flight mod in there because donaters can fly with /fly free but we have to pay 250 every restart to have it and that's bull like every pack has flight goodness vanilla minecraft has flight # creative mode
    Building with out flight is just bad and not even fun but don't make it easy to get make us work for like 10 days for it

19. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    We dont need four packs to be created, we just need one good pack. I have compiled the modlist and have been testing it for a day or so for bugs. If you want to create a new pack and people like your pack then I will step down and cease creating this pack. I have been talking with Saint and others on creating it but I dont have to be the one to do it. It looks like everybody is going ham on pack creation so there is no more need for me to make one if there is already 4 others.
    -FoxFire_MC

20. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Just make it, store it and then unvaile it at the right time