1.9 The Combat Update

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Arcanuo, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    With the release of 1.9 The combat update, what are everyones views? Dual Wielding and Shields appeal to me. I look forward to 1.9 Forge.

profrags likes this.
  2. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    Personally I feel like it's an update minecraft has been needing for a while now. Sure the but cool down is annoying but it actually requires a bit of practice to get good timing on hits so you end up with the highest dph instead of quick dropping people because your finger can go up to 10cps. I'm also loving the new elytra as it adds amazing tactics to pvp and faster transportation in minecraft. My favorite by far has to be the duel wielding, no longer will I have to use my ninth slot for food! I can kill and eat at the same time :D

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    no one can click 10 times per second without an autoclicker, and i've killed people who were hacking without using something like that, but pvp so far... i feel they ruined it... they need a config to have it be able to be like it was before

4. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:33 PM
    The fight mechanics of Minecraft were horrible, i'm glad to see this update i hope this is the fix minecraft needed it.

johnfg10 and profrags like this.
  5. Arcanuo

Local Time:
    I look forward to what we can do to PvP/PvE questing with mod packs, eventually.

profrags likes this.
  6. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:33 PM
    Haha so true :)

Nice update. Seeing in from a perspective of a guy plying on modded packs though, lets me think it's too little :D

7. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    I can click 10 times per second, I just wouldn't be able to focus on the screen while I'm doing it

profrags likes this.
  8. Arcanuo

Local Time:
    I find this is a common thing, mc updates take a long time, contain less content then Mods, but they are stable.

profrags likes this.
  9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    exactly, i can do that, but i can't, so it'd be useless

10. I like the new fighting mechanics quite a bit as they change what you'll fight with. The best weapon combo, in my opinion, is a flintandsteel and fishing rod, fighting with them feels like what ancient Greeks used to do what with the net and a spear.

profrags likes this.
  11. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    i can go steady from 10-12 when i use two fingers for around a few minutes...too many clicker games and while using two fingers at once i get a more stable clicking experience! thats defo a thing trust me! I can focus just fine while doing it too again too friggen many clicker games

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    good luck moving around while doing that, the average person without these setups can do around ~~3 per second

13. HonestlyGrey

HonestlyGrey Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:33 PM
    I personally love having to develop a new tactic of fighting.

14. This update will make fighting in groups worth it, teamwork will be required. You could have a person with an axe, one with a bow and a couple with sword. the axe dude disabled shields, the swordmen finish them off and the archer causes mass mayhem. 1.9 Rocks!

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    you know what this is called in pvp? cheating, you outnumber your opponent so that they can't POSSIBILY win, this is my main problem with 1.9 right here

16. You haven't read my post carefully then, please read the 4th line again where I used the word 'them', which if I am not mistaken stands for multiple players.[DOUBLEPOST=1458318209][/DOUBLEPOST]What I am trying to say is that your choice and use of weapons will have a very large impact on PvP. Like, if you want to kill someone with draconic armour, you can either use the staff which may still not be able to kill them or you just wack them with an enderium rapier with a bit of quartz and they are done.

17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Draconium armor can't die to even a rapier.... lel
    there's your quote, you're right, it will make going 1v2 or 1v3 and winning as the 1 impossible, even with evenly matched armor and weapons, great! IMHO, it ruined pvp, hopefully they add a config in minecraft to change it back, probs not, but who knows?

tyler489 likes this.
  18. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    everything but blocking can be effectively changed back through config the speed is done with a "hidden enchantment"

19. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    what are those commands, please, enlighten me

20. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    generic.attackspeed attribute for speed:
    /give @p stick 1 0 {AttributeModifiers:[{AttributeName:"generic.attackSpeed",Name:"stick",Amount:1.5,Operation:0,UUIDLeast:1,UUIDMost:1}]}
    for example or edit attack speeds and the like in configs

profrags and Arcanuo like this.