[Civ] questing system

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by johnfg10, Mar 17, 2016.

?

would you enjoy playing some highly detailed quests

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
  1. i would love it

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. sure

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. i dont mind

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. nah

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. i would stop playing the pack if this was added

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:14 PM
    when you start Civ it can be very confusing so i would like to see a quest type system i think this would be fun for new players and old i was thinking more of a story line then normal quest based systems i believe this would make civ much more interesting by addding a whole new aspect to game play the mod i was looking at
    Custom NPCs - Adventure and RPG - Minecraft Mods - Curse
    this would allow for a very nice quest system with in game interaction with other players and npc this would add hours upon hours of game play to the pack that we are currently missing it would also add a adventure to playing the mod pack.
    this would not be forced progression but would be suggested

please post the reason for your vote below thanks
    this is a very very simple example
    upload_2016-3-17_11-33-8.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:14 PM
    Achievement quest? Yeah, maybe. Would be fun to set some achievements for the new and old player alike.

Questing? Civ is not an rpg modpack and turning it into one is a terrible idea.

3. Scull

Scull Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    Think an interesting idea would be a mod pack that involved having to go places and talk to specific people and do what they ask to progress further in the pack. Rather then reading a book and doing what it tells you to.

CreateInc and johnfg10 like this.
  4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    considering making a pack with that at the core

Scull likes this.
  5. AkaruC

AkaruC Member

Local Time:
    7:14 PM
    I'd like the idea of having quests, but like said up, not as the focus. imo there should be rewards if you do, but not such good ones that you kinda -have- to do quests in order to viable. That said, I think this would be fun if done properly :)

6. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ehh seems like a good idea but ....what's the point maybe more of a goal book like sky. Factory

7. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ye but books are boring :p at least this would get you to travel would give a story type aspect

8. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    I like the idea of an achievement questbook or something; I don't want to have to walk around to finish it up, though. And as Akaru said, shouldn't be the focus of the pack.

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    no not as focus as something u can do if u feel like it and u get certian things from it

10. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:14 PM
    the idea is good IF executed properly, quests are meant to be story line based, who gonna write a plot, plot turners, characters and so on.
    for example compair, DragonAge(bioware) vs WoW(blizzard)
    One story line makes you actually wanna proceed in the story the other you don't really care because the story line is all over the place.

King_Cronus likes this.
  11. rootbeeralaska

rootbeeralaska Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:14 AM
    I'd enjoy a questing system, not at all like the HQM packs but maybe make the quests specifically manual detect and make the quest a end game item from each"Big Name" mod like thaumcraft or Botania and it will reward with another "end game" item from that mod or the mods add on cause making this pack a questing pack isn't a very great idea

12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    im thinking not making it forced so you could chose whether to do it or not and just mainly give a bases to the pack and a story behind it sort of thing