Changing the recipe for Draconic Reactor Core

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Jawz145, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Do you agree that the recipe for the Draconic Reactor Core should be changed?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  1. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    This is infinity HARD mode, having it require something that people won't make because it's too hard fits the theme perfectly! BTW, people do make them because it's a great place to get some uncommon ores and mass amounts of ores in general.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:44 AM
    dealing with the upped recipie for something you don't even NEED to get the draconic core otherwise seems annoying and pointless, i wouldn't, i know that

3. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Like most others in the thread, I think that the awakened pick would fit nicely. It is top tier end game power gen. (One step below creative cell. ) And infinity hard mode uses cross mod interaction for most things. Like rtg pellets for yellorium fuel rods.

The point is to FORCE you to use other mods. and with millions of RF being generated, I'd say it's worth it. Especially since ilawakened picks are super easy to make in IE, especially with thaumis energistics.

4. Spelosty

Spelosty Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Only issue I've seen with the chaos guardian fight involved chunkloading.. which would be attributed to the server. If you place down chunkloaders max range in about 4 spots around the island to load the crystals pillars... the chunkloading issues stop and the fight progresses as normal.

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    True, if i really wanted to i could hop on, go to some random's base who is endgame, automate ichor picks and leave (if i had the RAM to do it), but the fact of the matter is, you've got plenty of other awesome power generation things that everyone ignores, if the point is to try new things, let the players try new things, everyone will only go for the reactor, also, fix above this post(?)

6. thesurvivor2

thesurvivor2 Active Member

Local Time:
    Thing is, how can you kill the dragon when the pillars with the healer things onthem dissapear. this is why this is being discussed.

Ackross likes this.
  7. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:44 AM
    Recipe will not be changed, permanently or temporarily, until after the we find out from the mod author when a fix can be expected, if ever.

And as for a recipe as a replacement, if you believe that the awakened icor pickaxe is the hardest part to craft, you will be poorly mistaken. Ask chugga about my coven witch spawn egg recipe. :)

Placed on hold till after I can converse with the mod author.

8. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Having other power gen is no reason to ignore draconic reactors.
    Arguing for the sake of arguing doesnt help any situation or discussion. I find it funny that now you say that you could go to any random persons base and automate it, since your previous reply on the subject is

"eheh, no on that AWAKENED pick, no one makes those because their so hard to craft, the only reason TO make one is the bedrock dim, and it's not even worth when you have a draconic staff to spam in the deep dark, please, don't even".

Please, if you're only commenting because you want to argue, take it somewhere else. it isnt being helpful here.

A few updates ago, I was able to kill one on IN2 with this method. After updates, I was no longer able to. So it isnt purely a chunk loading issue.

Okie dokie. hope to hear back soon :p

WurgerSD and BookerTheGeek like this.
  9. Micim987

Micim987 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry to bump but any updates? Have you heard anything from Draconic Evolution's author?

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    sorry to necro this further. if i'm correct, it was fixed in a later version of draconic evolution.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  11. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:44 AM
    Yes