[Civ] Hardcore Darkness

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by johnfg10, Mar 13, 2016.

?

add Hardcore Darkness

Poll closed Mar 20, 2016.
  1. yes

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. give it a go

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. no

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. i dont actuly care

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:48 PM
  2. AkaruC

AkaruC Member

Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    A really big no on this, and any kind of mods like this. We do not need more challenge on civ, it would be tedious, and not really enjoyable. We already have several mechanics that change parts of normal gameplay quite drastically, I think this would be a negative effect on the server.

3. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    9:48 AM
    personally, if I could have nightvision 100% of the time on all servers, I would. I absolutely hate the darkness. Especialy when trying to build at night, which this mod would prevent. You would pretty much be forced inside at night, or to work in crap lighting, so in my opinion, I dont think you should add it.

It works well in some modpackss, but modpackss that have the theme of darkness, but I cant see it doing well here.

alven4 likes this.
  4. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    How about a trail run 1 week after that week you john can reflect in the opinions and decide on the future

5. If the darkness hides name tags and the player icons on the minimap, then a big YES!

6. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Im against it. it will cause troubles for alot of people considering fps and also its hurting eyes. Another point is that it will affect the modpack too hard it should have the same style with what it launched

alven4 likes this.
  7. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ive put it in for now i need feedback on it if ppl have issues msg me and we will talk :)

also working on something for players with sigh issues just need a bit of time

8. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    well the thing is people played on the modpack without this mod and this will have huge impact which will annoy alot of players. I also will have problems with everything i've build now. If you wanted the mod to be in the pack it should have been added at the beginning

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i wasnt here from start so could of made this decision at the time im allowing players to try it see how they feel if they dont like it say bye[DOUBLEPOST=1458588906,1458588039][/DOUBLEPOST]ok its gone

10. King_Cronus

Local Time:
    so thats it 23 mins and the mod got removed ?

11. johnfg10

Local Time:
    yup basicly

12. King_Cronus

Local Time:
    i totaly disagree with this i have not had the time to see what it is like among other players that play on the server more frequently does my opinion not count there should be a time frame that is set for this mod eg 1-2 days and than u remove it other wise its unfair

13. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    the pack wasnt intended to be hard
    and makeing nights darker and caves darker
    would make more of a challenge
    so thia mod would not be welcome in this pack

14. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    Not possible to do so since its a time consuming process to update a modpack and we dont update it evey 2 days and will not do so in future

15. King_Cronus

Local Time:
    from the beginning @Krhymez ymez made the pack super hard core and only because of server performance he was forced to remove mo creatures and sort out the spawn rates so say no more[DOUBLEPOST=1458597880][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But yet other people do not get to see the change even though they have clearly voted for this add on[DOUBLEPOST=1458597967][/DOUBLEPOST]they way it seems is that 15 people out of 23 want this in the pack so why remove it during the first 20 mins let people get use to it please allow the community as a whole not just a handful of people to make the decision

16. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    It was never on the server just in the github project. so they wouldnt be able to see it. they can download the mod and try it in singplayer if they want to know how it feels like.[DOUBLEPOST=1458598206][/DOUBLEPOST]my personal problem is. that i build my whole base with how the server is running atm. if it got changed now i had to rebuild nearly everything since i want to have it awesome and nice and this mod would ruin my base

17. King_Cronus

Local Time:
    place some torches make some arcane lamps dont kill this for everyone else

18. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yes because mo' creatures makes it hardcore
    im sorry but civ is a tame pack
    not even on the scale of hard

19. You should add the mod which makes handheld torches to balance things out.[DOUBLEPOST=1458613881][/DOUBLEPOST]Which is the mod which adds those nasty piranha s? I always did to them while crossing a river. Do they attack hostile and passive mobs too?

20. johnfg10

Local Time:
    already did :p
    animals plus[DOUBLEPOST=1458628489,1458627944][/DOUBLEPOST]
    also im about 99% sure it was on the server at some point