Civilization 2.0 ?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by King_Cronus, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Civilization modpacks feels as if it has no theme other than pvp, I believe that if we could add role play and give it medieval-ish touch by removing a few mods which lack realism and add those like Immersive engineering and Railcraft, it would help make this modpack more fun to play. Just a suggestion :).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  2. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    always up for suggestions which mods were u thinking of getting removed?

3. well, anything which contains "clinical white+grey future cubes".
    Also, after visiting WesterosCraft, i'm really liking the idea to have mods which provide protection from players and mobs alike and make building fortresses and castles worthwhile.

p.s. the thing which is bugging me is this-"The pack contains a little of everything. You can master one thing or master them all."[DOUBLEPOST=1459843840][/DOUBLEPOST]I would also suggest to increase focus on things like wars and kingdoms, though they will require player effort. (something like towny nations and the like)

4. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i would wait for 1.9 to have all the major and important mods then remake civ

5. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i wish u wouldnt steal plans from my brain :p

6. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    if you are honestly thinking of makeing a new civ-alike pack for 1.9 make it pvp based from the get go with mods that can help you protect your self rather then say "hey lets make this pack fully pvp even though the server has been around for a bit"

7. johnfg10

Local Time:
    the plan (may change) will be have it part pvp but i dont want all the game play to be as it is atm oh no player xyz is comming on lets get in our holes

8. Amen
    Edit: modded 1.9 is a little far away, what about 1.8.9?[DOUBLEPOST=1459913482][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If there is no DE or [Enter any mod with OP gear] i don't think that a single player can pose any big threat.
    Also, i was thinking about having countries and the like in which people from other countries can't enter, except through some secret passages. (taking ideas from towny nations and kingdoms)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    no mods will support 1.8 or if they do most will be on 1.9

10. Postpone recreation of civilization till that time?

11. johnfg10

Local Time:
    No other option really