Invitation to Civilization

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by LordFungi, Apr 24, 2016.

1. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    So MYM has this pretty cool server with its own original modpack called Civilization. This is a modpack created with the purpose to force player interaction. With pvp enabled, you must protect yourself from vile muarders, there is no /home, so flying, walking and other means of teleportation are the only ways to get around the map. Some would say the overall goal is to build a civilization, other's claim it is to create order in the world, but some seek to throw it into chaos (Looking at you Arc.) The trouble with it is that it has been dying lately, due to the fact that it used to have a lot of problems that players got fed up with. However, these issues have been fixed in the most recent updates, not to mention new features have been added to the modpack. I don't want to see all this hard work put in by the multiple devs that had their hands on this project to be put to waste.

I am here to extend my hand to you to join us on this wonderful server, filled with friendly, and maybe not so friendly people. We're literally bored out of our minds here. To be able to join, first you must download the MYM Minecraft Launcher and download the Civilization modpack. Upon entering you will be greeted with a round of applause and cookies! (Disclaimer: You may not be greeted with a round of applause and cookies.) And with so many people disappearing, the map is loaded with fresh new chunks to claim and call your own (Kinda bittersweet.) So will you join us? Please say yes.

Download for MYM Launcher:
    FTB Server - Advanced and Lag Free Feed The Beast Servers - MineYourMind 5.0

AceOfBases likes this.
  2. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not to be a hater but most people here know of civilizations and don't join because they can't be bothered to go 48 hours in and get killed by someone who has 200 hours in this map/pack. People would join if they were at the same playing field as others who are also playing but having to worry if someone who mastered Thaumcraft, witchery, blood magic, and botania is following you until they get the right moment to strike and steal your goods!

3. omfgindeed

omfgindeed Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:30 AM
    it also doesn't help that soulbound enchantments don't work if you die in another dimension. i mean, the nether, end, deep dark, etc are totally not dangerous or anything.

4. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Like I said, the server is dead at the moment. I was gone for so long my entire base had been reset, same for John, and most likely all the other OP players as well.

5. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:30 AM
    Was there any huge client side optimization? I don't want to play with constant freezes (it is probably just my problem because of intel HD 3000 graphics).

Is this true?

6. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    in theroy i should of fixed the lag last update if not not much more i can do[DOUBLEPOST=1461478186][/DOUBLEPOST]
    that will be fixed very soon ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1461478289][/DOUBLEPOST]
    its very rare that actuly happens most people are quite nice on civ :p for example ace, fungi and a bunch more :)

7. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    -.- nope :p stop that lol

9. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    May it rest in the graveyard with such packs as Horizons, V+ and even Pixelmon

10. johnfg10

Local Time:
    u give up way way way too easy :p

11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    pffffft nah, just this has been going down for a while now, it be the way of MYM orignals

12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    yes because ppl give up on them i got a nice plan and it WILL work just need stable 1.9 first then a total rebuild and release and it will be very popular

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    thing is that the ratio of people that play pvp is like 20% most just like building and having fun, atleast its not as bad as ozone

14. johnfg10

Local Time:
    meh ppl will be fine with it im thinking if a more war/bounty based system as in some how a command like /war sirstudmuffin then u can fight or something like that and am planning on making flight really really end game invis will be rare at best it a thing at all and u will be able to defend your base with turrets ect so if u build your hole properly then u will be fine :p

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    this is why it should be more of a clan server

16. johnfg10

Local Time:
    hmm*takes notes* in what way? as in big clan vs big clan? that would be pretty nice

17. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    factions John, as in player could create teams and iniate wars with each other[DOUBLEPOST=1461486634][/DOUBLEPOST]Although youd have to think of a way to stop each war like whoever kills the leader or captures the base point idk

18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    hmm do u happen to know of a mod/plugin that does this?

19. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Your the one who should know plug ins XD

20. johnfg10

Local Time:
    lol im not manageing the server il go ask all might google

firstly would this even be allowed on mym?
    Factions - Bukkit