future of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by johnfg10, Apr 24, 2016.

?

1.7.10 or 1.9?

1. 1.7.10

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 1.9

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. 1.8

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Tecknosa

Tecknosa Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    i like civ very much and really look forward to the changes/new pack. but if all muffinman can say is negative then go away. i for one am tired of all your negativity

johnfg10 likes this.
  2. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:27 PM
    he he :p

3. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    Well, I do prefer to keep positive thoughts about Civ's future. It's up to those if us that enjoy it to promote it and give it a niche. LordFungi made a promotional post. Go like his post, and drop a positive comment about the server. Meanwhile, give thought about what Civ means to you, and why. Mention your reasons in your post. Like finds like, so if you like something about the server, someone else will as well, and that's how you build the population back up.

4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    this is true the issue we have in terms of pack dev is we cant remove any mods that add world gen or world goes poof thats the reason for the redesign plus there are alot of cool mods on 1.8 which ive been looking at and i think we could make a really great pack and have a great community :)

5. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Again, the mods don't make the pack a success. When they've progressed through the mods, something has to keep players. People don't play Crash Landing because it has AE, or SFM, or take-your-pick. It's 1.6. Why is it successful?

6. johnfg10

Local Time:
    no idea never played it on the server :p look at as1 people stayed to complete all the things do all the quests

7. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Many people on that server have long ago completed all the quests. They have drop parties with ME systems and 64 k storage clusters. They have amazing bases, since the server hasn't reset in forever. And, there always seems to be 5 - 15 people on whenever I check in.

8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    well the best way i can put this with civ we are trapped we can make no changes and its not how i would like it to be ik communitys important but why could the community not move to the new server? civ wasnt made with pvp in mind hense the issues(op weapons not dieing etc) we need a pack that is stable enough to be played and has growing room and to give people things to do people get bored of things (evil laugh as he plans to remove quarry recipe) and that will slow the whole system down and give people chance to join into the community.
    ik u like civ so do i but what would u do with it? other then a rehaul im very low on ideas

9. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sadly, your going to have to get used to him ;-;

SirStudMuffin and johnfg10 like this.
  10. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Your ideas come from other servers. I've already given you the pathway to success. Here it is in steps.

1: Make a list of every MyM server that is NOT new, that is considered successful. Crash Landing is one of the ones on my list. Everyone, chime in with your top choice.
    2: What makes it a success? What is the special thing that you think brings people back to it. even when their progression is done?
    3: Look at everyone's choice. Ignore the contents of the pack, unless that's what they believe is the formula for that pack. What particular needs are being met by each pack, for the players? PvP, or danger, or community, or building large projects, or collaborative areas, or...?
    4: Make a list of each need getting met by a server.
    5: Identify a need that is currently NOT met by any servers, or not met well.

This is all called market research. And, it's how most products are launched in the real world. Part of this may very well be logging on to each server, and asking in chat "Hey, how many people have finished their progression here? And why do you keep coming back here, if you're done progressing?".

11. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Oh dear no it's like being back at school :p anyway personally civ is the only server I stayed on after completiom because it has a great community I also spent a lot of time on infinity evolved trying to get a creative cell

12. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hang on sweet second
    [​IMG]
    im not saying bad things im saying its run its course, he can revive it if he can get it working and providing to players needs and wants.

13. Theme! We need a theme!

14. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    [​IMG]

johnfg10 likes this.
  15. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Hopefully the next pack will

16. Kr0nulus

Kr0nulus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Personally, I love Civ for the community (when everyone is online *poke poke* ) it is the main reason I am still here. The mods - not so much. What about having more community focused events? or mini games that are entirely roleplay centric? For me that would add to the tastiness of the server. To have a reset and lose all the time, votes and effort I've put into it would make me a very sad bunny.

17. johnfg10

Local Time:
    it would be a different version of so not much we can do really no good transferring worlds between version

18. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    I find the ignore setting handy.

Tecknosa and johnfg10 like this.
  19. Kr0nulus

Kr0nulus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes, exactly - sorry, shouldn't have used the word "reset". That is my fear - to lose everything - and a new version would do that exact thing. We would all have to start again - basically a big two finger salute to everyone who has worked so hard. If you can find a solution to make a new version where we could keep stats, money, builds etc - then i'd be a lot more convinced.

20. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    I would assume that one of the major reasons that MyM has a constant player base on challenge packs like AS, Crash Landing and Regrowth is that Youtube creates a lot of interest in the packs, even now, and MyM servers rank quite high in most searches for "Agrarian Skies server" or the like. In fact, the only MyM original with more than 10 players on at the moment is Galactic Science, likely due to its coming 3rd? in Jampacked, and the subsequent prominence it gained on the FTB Launcher, although @caithleen's excellent design was a big reason for that.