future of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by johnfg10, Apr 24, 2016.

?

1.7.10 or 1.9?

1. 1.7.10

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 1.9

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. 1.8

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:18 PM
    I like the ideas AceOfBase brings up, but I am not sure whether he is right in saying that packs like Crash Landing and Agrarian Skies actually keep their players around. My assumption would be that people play it and finish it and then also move on. The only reason for a constant number of players is probably the fact that those packs are still in the top 10 of the all-time-hqm-packs. If you google for hqm packs you find always the same list of maybe up to 20, probably less, packs.

I started playing modded maybe a year ago, so that is why I also only just 2 month ago had a look at Crash Landing. While I liked some ideas, I got annoyed by the whole Environmine system pretty fast, so that is why I did not got hooked. But every day people getting into modded and with HQM being one of the main motivators, packs like Agrarian Skies and Crash Landing will be long around after most of the other HQM packs will be forgotten. AS1 is even way more popular than AS2, just to give an example.

To sum it up, the things AceOfBase says might be right in regards to considering the marketing aspects, but I am not sure whether there really is a community on those servers with long time players.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. I think if the modpack is based on the early industrial era then it would be as good a theme as any, specially for tech lovers. The problem is, there aren't many mods out there without those stupid 'grey and white future cubes'. Cheers to immersive engineering and railcraft!
    But, without any major changes to the way the modpack is played, it will become just-another-modpack. *hint*hint*Nations and wars*poke*poke*
    PS plz remove the mod which generates an apls biome next to a desert. *cough*biomesoplenty*cough*

3. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:18 PM
    We don't have bop

4. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    I'll check in on CL regularly for the next week or so and ask in chat for opinions on this.

5. johnfg10

Local Time:
  6. Well, then don't add it anytime in the future. BTW Minecraft terrain gen is almost as bad as bop, speaking logically.

7. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    Well, biomes have never been logical, at least that I've seen so far. :)

8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Minecraft in general ismt logical :p

9. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
  10. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Crazy idea takeout thermal expansion and Ender io and basically all of these techmods add magic crops and the Erebus that way the pack is. More magic ish rather than s bit of everything

11. Alternate terrain gen does not makes a desert biome next to a mountain biome.[DOUBLEPOST=1461827048][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Better than magic crops, add agri craft resource crops so loosing stuff to raids won't be too big a problem.

12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    we going to add ATG if i get my way :p hehe

13. CPU678

CPU678 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
  14. johnfg10

Local Time:
  15. We need a ore gen mod too, like Greg tech vein ores (but please don't add Greg tech). I would recommend geocraft or similar.
    Less messy mining.
    This would automagically discourage the use of quarries because ores will generate only in a few chunks, leading to the quarry mining crap tons of useless scrap making it a lot less efficient. Excavator rocks!

16. johnfg10

Local Time:
    not possible as these mods add world gen so can not be touched[DOUBLEPOST=1461834735][/DOUBLEPOST]
    lol dont worrie we wont ever have gregtech :p

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  17. If this modpack is to be 1.9, then I would recommend skeleton riders and zombie riders and more such hostile mobs because they pose a healthy threat to an unprepared player, speaking from personal experience. (Really, there should not be soo many skeletal trap horses)[DOUBLEPOST=1461835334][/DOUBLEPOST]Will this modpack be based on role play? That would be super cool. (Thinking about game of thrones and such)

18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    see now this really depends if i get my way i would like a quest based map with actual npcs that u have to go to and complete quests i also want classes where a player can be a warrior or a mage or a dwarf etc and it will most likly be 1.8 depending on how quick mods update

19. If mods directly updated to 1.9, then will you put more work i n PvP and fighting? 1.9 ain't called the Combat Update for nothing.
    Warrior- kills mobs and what else?
    Mage- does all the magic things and turns people into pigs, right?
    Dwarf- mining and mining and mining and mass producing metals and jems? Sign me up!
    What else?

20. johnfg10

Local Time:
    well im fuzzy on the details atm not done much planning and need to speak to krhy and see what hes thinking
    i was thinking something like
    dwarfs- dwarfs can mine certain materials better then players and can mine dense ores which no other class can
    mage- mages have access to magic quicker due to there inert ability to harness there magical energy (aka they get thaum craft stuff faster)
    warriors- get a buff to dmg and are better at using swords and maces ect
    thief- can sneak better and do better damage if not spotted or something like that
    possibly
    machnic- can make things that others cant like machines ect
    inventory- can make things earlier or something like that havnt really though much about this one
    farmer- more food from crops

most likly more but havnt worked it out yet
    my idea is to keep interaction and basicly make people work together mages can get stuff dwarfs cant and dwarfs can get stuff mages cant warriors can get special drops from mobs ect
    also i want pickpocketing and lockpicking of some descriptions :p *hopes @The_Icy_One will help with that*
    also skills will hopefully be a thing so u can increase 1 handed ect *^ same as above -.-*
    i also hope we can keep the food focus
    most of the classes i came up with on the spot so will need more work :p