What is happening lately?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SirStudMuffin, May 4, 2016.

?

Are you happy with the current state of MYM?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Sometimes

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. No

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. Potato

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    We need something to bridge the gap between staff and players though like idk im just throwing ideas out there.
    You wouldnt just have one person but many who have played many packs and time into the community idk

2. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:29 PM
    Shouldn't go to Slind. Maybe that's the problem.

3. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Please do tell me Lucid how would you go about it or are we going to leave it the way it is

4. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:29 PM
    Players can talk to staff. The creation of a "community leader" is just creating another staff position and isn't needed when they can go directly to staff.

LunaBlossoms and SirWill like this.
  5. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    i understand what you say, but how is that bridging this ever growing gap

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:29 AM
    I was part of the internal secret hypo slack channel (which maybe was a bad idea in the first place, since it excluded other interested people like benny) together with the back then 3 maintainers and profrags. There were multiple occasions then when i asked for example arcanuo on the status and the answer was always that the current next thing to do was on MyMs side and he was waiting for Slind to do things. Two weeks later I found out that Slind wasn't even aware that he was supposed to do something, so there was a mis-communication. Then we found out that the worldgen was not even pushed by Benny yet. The whole thing just seemed like a big mess, which could have been avoided. I guess there were too many involved parties with a lack of communication. And the only 2 staffmembers that are maintainers left anyway. Phantom resigned and BigBluu already stated his lack of motivation to continue working on Hypo since Phantom was gone. So basically it is Arcanuo left now and he probably has even less contact to team information right now than I have.

edit: But it has been improved since we moved the discussion back to the open hypo channel where sirwill and benny are sitting in too.

7. aD0UBLEj

aD0UBLEj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yep final exams in a couple of weeks.

johnfg10 likes this.
  8. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Good luck[DOUBLEPOST=1462363748][/DOUBLEPOST]We obviously need something to bring the player community and staff together, yes there are other views on certain people and aspects but this isnt the place to discus those as they have already been voiced to certain staff. The main problem seems to be miscommunication, and the sence of community between the staff and players

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    What gap?
    What does the gap?
    What would be different if the gap is not there?

The issue was that it was just one simple message tagged to slind in the hypo channel. Which can be easily overlooked and there was also not any new messages about a status update to me or slind.
    Anyway, this doesn't fit the topic.

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think right now there are multiple parties in this thread discussing several topics simultaneously.

I would like to suggest that official MyM pack maintainers (right now this would be kindlich, john and arcanuo) get access to the team slack channel to improve the communication there.

11. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And @caithleen :p

12. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Idk its like does higher staff even spend time out of hours playing with the community and chilling cus from what ive seen only moderators do that (an example would be Hoothoot with us or kazi on infinity)

13. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:29 PM
    Im waiting for caithleen to send me here new pack if its good enough then ill stay but right now im tired of threads going unanswered.
    Its not just players out of the loop its staff as well the other day i went to talk to staff about issues of lag on ts
    Staff member A said they were on leave and go talk to staff b
    Staff b told me to go tell staff a when i told them what staff a said they sent me to staff c
    Staff c compleatly ignored me
    And the lag persists

SirStudMuffin likes this.
  14. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Like i know the staff have there annual meeting but do we havce have like a meeting between staff and players ( for example in my hometown we have a every 3 months meeting of councilors and the public are aloud to come and voice there opinions)

15. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    An example is the craftmine pack the guys try ing to talk to staff only bookers replied

16. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Like hes one of the first people of a modpack to actually come in and discuss with the staff and players openly and answer any questions they have about it

johnfg10 likes this.
  17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't understand why you want to discuss that here if you self don't even know what the exact issue is.

18. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    so do we just brush it under the carpet and forget it
    Plus i would talk to staff but lets just say last time didnt go swimmingly

19. metalobism

metalobism Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:29 PM
    Most of us as staff members grab as much "out of hours" playtime as we can. What you don't seem to realize is that we are on call whenever we are online for if a situation arises. We each have a pack that we play (or in some cases many packs) when we have free time. you may not always see us because we might not play the pack you currently play. While i personally would love to be on every pack there aren't enough hours in the day between real life, and moderating to maintain bases on all of the servers. If you have questions or concerns then bring it to us instead of standing around expecting us to read your minds or just guess at what you want. if you see a pack that you think would be great for the community then make a suggestion thread. If you have a specific question make a forum thread, 9/10 you will get an informed answer from someone who plays the pack or knows the mod. While staff members try to keep at least a working knowledge of all the packs things slip through the cracks, and sometimes we have to resort to pouring through wiki's trying to figure out what someone is even asking before we can even start to think of an answer for them. The staff members can come off as aloof and distant because most of the time if you see us on a server we are assisting others or fixing a server issue of some kind or another, and we often don't have time for fun or idle chatter. Remember that while we take on more responsibilities we are players just like you, who saw a problem and decided to become part of the solution.
    sincerely,
    Metalobism

20. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    well i guess ill jusyt drop it as theres not point continuing as its being swept away.