Invitation to Civilization

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by LordFungi, Apr 24, 2016.

1. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    That's a bit savage Bruv, nah we need new packs, badly I've heard many things from the community saying the packs are running dry an other things about staff but yanno.

2. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ye ik we will work something out don't worried about it ;)

3. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I just want to know how your going to get players to come to your pack when it only appeals to 20% of MC players. Civ was a good idea but implemented wrongly, too many issues and problems keeping from being exactly how Kry wanted it[DOUBLEPOST=1461569512][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm just wondering if we are getting something new as we just had a mass server clean

4. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    Hey John I personally think you should wait for 1.9 it would take a while longer then three months though :/ and factions would be amazing as long as its done right :p it should have a low cap like 15/20 so you don't have gods like chugga n you in one unbeatable faction just aint fair man! and a class/forced progression would be good too something to make people actually talk to and trade with others and i think i might have something that could help! its not 1.9 though but it could give you ideas Progression - Minecraft Mods - Mapping and Modding - Minecraft Forum - Minecraft Forum peace!

5. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    Thank you Fungi, for your invite. :)

6. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Very ambitious goals the reality tho not so much

7. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    I am going back on. I didn't realize it was down til AceofBases mentioned it. I had the big base outside of spawn with the purple roof.

8. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    If you'd like to build just outside of spawn again, let me know. I'm sure there's a space you'll like. :)

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    if anyone has any bugs or issues remember to report them and il see what i can do ;) (yes im still around)

10. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    I am right next to you where I was before. I was wondering if you could build some of your road back toward my house. Like a bridge over the water maybe?

11. MoltairTremox

MoltairTremox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    Well, civilization was based on pvp, traitors, alliances etc. The issue was that people simply did not do pvp and the only ones making pvp were just 3 or 5 people on the server when there were around 30 people online, that was as far as i remember, you get bored easily as time pases. It was like, a society were people did not know anybody else. If you play it to be the most known in the server due to being the most powerful im pretty sure you will enjoy better the pack not to mention that people not liking pvp wanted to be left alone in a server focused on pvp. If you only play it to build and be happy without any murderer around you, make sure to have an effective defensive system.

Some sugestions from my part
    1. World being smaller, instead of 3500 to -3500 x and z, to 1000 and -1000 for example, that will avoid any hermit excluded from society, scouts will emerge, spies etc.

2. If theres any way that flight will be enabled only outside pvp, for example if another player hits you wjile flying it curses you, similar to thaums dimension. Not sure if that exists yet though :D
    That will make pvp more interesting.

And of course, that will give people not able to fly a chance to fight back

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    SirStudMuffin likes this.
  12. Sjakie_NL

Sjakie_NL Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    Me and Luph where along with some others the first ones to log in to CIV. At 1 point we had like 64 players online. This was for about
    a month (i thnk).. After dat it was a constant 30+ for a long time....

Luph build a arena for pvp'ing or other stuff. + a Mall was created with some people who made there shop in that mall. Those where all excelent ideas. Luph and me where building a small shipyard for small boats. But all of the sudden our interest faded away. Cause of the lack
    of players and interaction.

If Civ is getting rebuild for 1.9 i would love to come back and see what is changed. To see if it is a total new experience.

Love to see (what is mentioned) Earlier.. To have a specific role. Like for example mage/wizard.... And in that 3 other options like Witchery/thaum/arsmagica...

Mage/wizard
    Farmer
    Miner
    Builder
    Engineer
    Alchemist
    etc....

Tbh i dont care so much for PVP but CIV was mostly (as i remember) build for both party's. I loved the interaction with other players
    to sell my farmers wares... But with the Market died all of the sudden or OP items (for example the endless food from botania). It wasn't really appealing for me to dedicate so much time in CIV anymore.

Remove all the op items or make it extreemly rare... so that the true meaning of CIV is coming back. (or at least what i thought was the true meaning :D:smuggrin:)

p.s. Im not known with moderating these packs so these are just my 2 cents ;):D. Just wanna give my respect to the people who do know this stuff and make these packs playable for us.

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    From what know John wants to rebuild it and has permission off Krhymez but Slind doesnt want a rebuild

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I haven't been asked, yet...

15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Thats your quarel with john not me

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Well I'm hearing about it for the first time.
    What makes you think that there is a quarrel? I'm not aware of any..

17. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
  18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i like your ideas :D @The_Icy_One how hard would number 2 be? :)

19. Civ needs to be stuffed full of magic, mob and terrain mods. Tech mods like immersive engineering (love it) and railcraft are more real and a bit tough to beat. Possibly add mods which improve mob AI and behaviour. (Repeating what I said on the original civ 2.0 post, my opinions won't change)

20. johnfg10

Local Time:
    my current thinking for terrain is custom ore gen, ATG (i love that mod. im also thinking about making trains more of a thing because ppl never use them and they should so conduits will be super end game and till then u will have to learn how to trains.

ye i will check if special ai is still buggy on servers

SanndyTheManndy likes this.