Disable hardcore (minigame driven) Thaumcraft research.

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by mrminesheeps, Jun 22, 2016.

?

Do you want less grindy Thaumcraft research? (you can click 2)

1. Yes!

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. No.

25 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. You gave me potato, so i shall click it.

25 vote(s)
    47.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    11:48 AM
    Me, and plenty others, can't stand hardcore research for thaumcraft. i need to do thaumcraft on Skyfactory 2.5 but i cannot stand the way the research is right now. so if we could get the research changed to easy mode (where you just need to have the available aspects to unlock a research) that'd be great!

-Mrminesheeps

AceOfBases likes this.
  2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    btw, hardcore research is disabled on just about every other modpack i've played with thaumcraft in it.

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    The issue at hand with changing it comes down to violating the intention of the modpack maker. They set it to expert mode because they felt it was the right balance for the pack.

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    the idea behind skyfactory 2.5 is to enjoy alot of the mods while playing in a skyblock environment. it's stupidly hard trying to do that when hardcore research is enabled. they didn't purposely make the pack that way, that's just how thaumcraft comes. it can be disabled jsut like it has been on most every other pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1466611939][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ... including, skyfactory 2

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    thaumcraft by default does not come in hardmode, the modpack makers wanted it that way, i hope it stays true to the pack, mostly because of how scarce research points are without massive numbers of nodes, thank you very much

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    chugga, research points are hardly scarce, just go on a scanning frenzy and voila :p

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    infinity, i had to get a lot of nodes to scan because surprisingly enough i ran out of AER, guess what? i had scanned every item in my base, my AE system, etc, i still needed more aura nodes to get everything, i'm not even done and i need more aura nodes to scan because of how much i've scanned, so quit with these lies, and it's only because i'm on easy mode, you can avoid massive ammounts of scanning by being in medium or hardmode, and don't forget, the modpack makers intended for it to be hardmode, as thaumcraft comes out of the box on normal mode, which is both easy + hard type researches

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    personally, it's quite clear that the only way to make everyone happy is to setup some kind of thing like it was done on crash landing, where you could pick easy or hard mode for HQM. i thought maybe a server-side extension to thaumcraft that allows you to pick which side of the book you want, hardcore or easy.[DOUBLEPOST=1466612499][/DOUBLEPOST]also, idk why you have such a shortage of aer? i've never had a shortage of aer with easy research. and if we have normal research, do you still require the minigames?[DOUBLEPOST=1466612591][/DOUBLEPOST]i'll take any research style so long as it doesn't require the minigames, because really, the minigames are so mind boggling and, in my personal opinion, very wasteful. why did they add it in the first place?[DOUBLEPOST=1466612679][/DOUBLEPOST]because the real fun of thaumcraft comes from the actual building, and gathering of essentia, not staring at a table trying to complete a research just to end up getting afk kicked.

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    xkcd: Tasks
    Have easy research, normal research requires minigames, and some easy style research, that's what thaumcraft comes with default, the modpack makers wanted it hardmode, let's keep it that way
    AH, I see what your problem is, you want "I can get everything right away with no progression bottleneck!", that's exactly the opposite of what the thaumcraft research is for, thank you very much

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    no, i do not want "get everything right away" only real reason i'm getting into thaumcraft is so i can move nodes and stuff. later i might go into it more but for right now all i want is the node jars.

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    so do the 5 researches required, it's not hard nor that time consuming, i'm talking long term thaumcraft trying to get ALL the researches is annoying due to complete lack of aspects on easy mode

12. Why is it that they always disable the hard method to research AFTER I complete all the research the hard way? Happened to me twice, on node 4&5 infinity evolved. It is shocking and depressing.[DOUBLEPOST=1466613531][/DOUBLEPOST]The mini games give me, and possibly everyone else, a nasty headache. Felt as if my brain was being slowly microwaved by the time I finished the KAMI stuff. Horrible thing to do.

13. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    +1 for easy mode. I've done enough modpacks with TC that I've done the minigame enough times. It's not fun, for me, it's just a grind to get to the things that are fun.

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yeah same here. i beat it with minigames once on the old version (1.4.7) and the new version (1.7.10) as i said, can't stand the minigames.

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i've done the complete thing 5 times, the minigames are fast to complete, the real bottleneck in all of thaumcraft is aspects, that's it, nothing more or less

16. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yes but figuring out where to put each and every aspect is a true pain in the neck, and even with a guide like i'm doing right now, it's stupidly annoying.

17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    takes me less than 10 seconds to complete an advanced research without research mastery level 1 and without a guide, you have no excuses

18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    and look who that's coming from.

19. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    that was still during my 3rd round of completion, it doesn't matter, you can obtain the skills quickly anyways

20. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    Hope they keep it the way the pack makers wanted to. It was really depressing for me that they change all the packs that have thaumcraft to easy mode that's the only reason I hardly play with TC anymore its no fun waiting and using 10 stacks of knowledge fragment and afterwards needing more or going around for 3 or 4 hours scanning nodes and others just to get enough. That was my experience when I try to give a go to easy mode.