Done Game is difficulties with update

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by kxc_style, Jul 15, 2016.

1. kxc_style

kxc_style Member

Local Time:
    8:11 AM
    In the new update of Galactic science it is very difficult to play cause of low frame rate and crashes. can you guys update the technic launcher version?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. yurikha27

yurikha27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If you are suffering from crashes, please make a ticket with /ticket create and post the crash-report (mym.li/crash) so we can assist you. The Galactic Science pack is already up to date (otherwise you wouldn't be able to play) and should not be the cause of a low framerate. You can run a Java profile with VisualVM or Mission Control to figure out what the cause of your low FPS is. I hope this helped.

3. kxc_style

kxc_style Member

Local Time:
    well i say cause i had to get the mym launcher and everything went wrong from there thats y i am asking for it to get updated on technic launcher

4. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:11 PM
    Did you allow enough ram in the settings

5. kxc_style

kxc_style Member

Local Time:
    well i had it at max cause i only have 1 gb of ram

6. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    o_O this is why then
    Its not the pack its your specs

7. kxc_style

kxc_style Member

Local Time:
    i had the same i used in techic launcher

8. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    tried installing optifine?

9. kxc_style

kxc_style Member

Local Time:
    hell yeah is there any mods in the new update that are like erelavent to game wise that you dont need

10. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Just noticed this, there AIN'T Galactic Science for technic launcher, there's FTB and MyM, but not TECHNIC

11. yurikha27

Local Time:
    Really. Galactic Science Official - Technic Platform

kxc_style, have you tried reducing your graphics settings to minimum? This won't help with a memory issue but can increase FPS if your graphics card isn't good.

I really don't know what to do... 1 GB of RAM is just so small... Even my MacBook Pro has 4 GB...
    Looks like there is an update I missed, perhaps the Technic Launcher version is out of date. Here's a solution that probably will, but may not work.
    You can go to the minecraft folders in your Technic Launcher and FTB/MyM Launcher directories (.technic, directory selected upon launching FTB, and .mineyourmind, respectively).
    Once there, you can "update" the Technic Launcher version by deleting the mods folder in the Technic minecraft directory and copy-paste the mods folder from the FTB/MyM updated version to the Technic Launcher minecraft folder. This should bypass any mod rejections you may be getting with the Technic Launcher platform.

You could also just copy the entire Minecraft folder; however, this may not be strictly necessary and may take time.

This may not work due to update checking, file integrity checking, etc. It's worth a try though. However, I should advise you the choice of launcher has a very low impact on the rest of the game, since its task is finished once the Minecraft window comes up. (Though some use more resources than others).

Sorry if this could not help; your setup isn't much to work with. The only other suggestion I have is to play a lighter modpack: Vanilla Plus or perhaps just build less.

Thank you.
    yurikha27

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    I didn't know about this, even during private beta .-.

gaming on a mac? you.... are serious right? macs aren't MADE for gaming at ALL, also 4gb of RAM is tiny, my laptop has 16, and it cost $800, a server i'm making soon is going to have 32gb of ram, and those sticks total only cost $120, I think i know the main problem of his though: modded minecraft just CAN'T run on his comp due to low RAM

13. yurikha27

Local Time:
    It's not productive to just say "Buy a better computer," since that's the easy way out and doesn't help him at all. I'm just offering suggestions so he can try to have a playable MC experience. I've since upgraded from my late-2010 MacBook Pro to a computer with sufficient RAM (but a junk graphics card).

14. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    It's extremely difficult to do so on new MAC computers, but at least upgradining ram from 1GB, because that's barely enough to sustain an Operating System

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    2:11 PM
    Latest update is now on technic launcher but I don't think it will change anything for you except you don't have the same ram settings.

16. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:11 PM
    may also suggest to try multimc which from my knowledge is the most lightweight minecraft launcher. MultiMC

you would have to install the pack with the ftb launcher, and then set MultiMC to track your ftb instances, so it'll show up in the launcher.

and do you really have only 1gb of ram in your pc? because that will tend to writing to swap file on your harddisk, so maybe you can defragment your disk with some tool, this could probably increase the perfomance slightly.

also you could play around with the java args, this thread has some links / tutorials
    Info - Tips on how to Increase your FPS | MineYourMind Community

also disable debug logging as long as your game doesn't crash. the logging will permanently write to the disk which might be already occupied by memory swapping :p