[Idea] Welcome to S.E.T.S! A Fallout-Themed ModPack?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by DanPiTV, Jul 31, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a Fallout-Themed Modpack?

1. Yas (Yes)

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Naw (No)

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Potato (Yes, this just has to be here)

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Active Member

Local Time:
    12:21 PM
    When I read about this, in my mind, I imagine the regrowth wasteland with vaults scattered across the terrain like roguelike dungeons, with really cool looking entrances. No or extremely limited magic mods, and perhaps having a few starting items, but having to re-learn tech (like a tech tree) to be able to get new tech or repair what you have if you run out. Make something like that, and I'd love to give it a spin.

2. DanPiTV

DanPiTV Learning Omni-Tool

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    Exactly on working that, had the same idea ;)

Pretty awesome idea, noted down! I just have to make sure to implent it right/at all, so it works for server and client, but eventually the vaults are in another dimension.

Same thought, if anyone got any "fitting" magic mods, I'd love to hear from you.

I'd love to have a jumpsuit in it. Will try.

Technology is probably the main thing, with focus on more futuristic, but eventually "realistic" (NuclearCraft).

Just be there if a (Pre)Alpha is there, and you are going to have fun testing :p

3. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    5:21 PM
    Would that be done like Dimensional doors, where every vault had a custom dimension, or Random Things, where every vault was in the same dimension?

4. Emobard

Emobard Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i would like to request no AE2.. it eats up server resources, and there are ways to do the exact same thing as an AE system with alot less server impact

5. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Everything eats up resources -_- Its you who build the big contraptions for them
    AE2 should be fine

6. oG_Swagg_Killer

oG_Swagg_Killer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    lets rebuild the Commonwealth for this just cuz im from Boston

7. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  8. DanPiTV

DanPiTV Learning Omni-Tool

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    I think at some point, with creating a new dimension with a new vault, there would be real issues. Eventually Vaults could be like something very end game (like in the TellTaleGame: Tales from the Botherland) or similar to Crash Landing just put all of it into one dimension

Hm, was thinking about that also. But honestly, how far does a modpack creator has to look at resources? Small AE systems are no problem, but if you decide to make MASSIVE and not proper build AE systems, it is going to cost a lot of resources. If no AE, then please propse a similar tech mod that does something like that ;)

You were faster then me lol.

SirStudMuffin likes this.
  9. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    EZ storage is the closest mod to AE that I can think of. There is Refined Storage, which provides the majority of the features people use in AE2, but that is 1.9/1.10 only.

10. Azurith93

Azurith93 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    just use logistics pipes.... ive never used it but ive heard all good things about it.