Implemented North stability

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Ravenguild, Jun 18, 2014.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:45 AM
    That is the max size, so I guess those might already be too big... you might want to look into ME fluid storage as a way to store large quantities of liquids in future.

2. dmitry1337

dmitry1337 New Member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    Sorry for noting, but north became even less stabile than before :/

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:45 PM
    There was a block crashing the server every time someone logged in and unfortunately there seems to be another railcraft tank causing issues. In order to find it I need to catch it while it is happening, which is kinda hard.

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Thanks to a nearly empty server (2 players), I could track down the (hopefully) final issue:

[​IMG]

It was a bit odd and I don't really know how to explain it as I don't understand it myself. What you see here is HALF a chunk with iron tank stuff. BUT this wasn't even visible in the first place.
    I was flying around in this area where one of the two players logged off and when I flew over this base and the chunks started to unload the server freezed with 300k tile entities (normal is about 1k per player). So I came back and searched the place, but I couldn't find anything. Nothing and I was even inside this chunk and there was a nice looking room with these clone stations (sync). So I moved on and the server freezed again.
    Well so I came back, looked around again and couldn't find anything. As I don't know which tile entities there are that are causing this issue I looked at opis and listed all tiles by the total sum of the server. At top there where bundled conduits from ender io and railcraft tanks, so I selected this base and started to replace these items... Well when I got to the railcraft tanks this happened and crashed the server:
    [​IMG]
    As soon as the server was back up, I went back to the place and it looked like on the first picture. The thing I don't understand is why, is just just half the chunk, why did it look normal before, why do these tanks only show up after the worldedit action and why did worldedit find +2.5kk iron tanks there.
    I can't explain it and the only thing that makes a little sense to me is a save corruption, but don't ask me why the blocks still looked normal and could be even used. However after removing all these iron tank blocks, I couldn't reproduce the freezes anymore.

If anyone has an explanation for this, let me know.

NchemIcaLS likes this.
  5. fondalmond7196

fondalmond7196 New Member

Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    Hey Slind that was my friend and ours base. I don't understand it either but now our entire items our gone because that chunk was where our ME drives were located. Is there anyway to rollback our items?

6. SphericalHelix

SphericalHelix New Member

Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    Just FYI, North has been crashing a lot today still and is currently down. Has been for about 10-15 minutes now.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I picked up some me drives, please check if that have been all of them and let me know.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    yeah, as I could reproduce the issues at this one place I'm gonna set iron tanks onto to the blacklist temporary, if that solves the issue, great, if not we might have to force all players to switch to another server or send the region file.

9. fondalmond7196

Local Time:
    Hey Slind you said you picked up some ME drives, where are they?

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I put them into a me-drive in the room next to the room that got destroyed.

11. SphericalHelix

SphericalHelix New Member

Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    North still crashing with every autosave and several times between. Could we get a little notice next time something is to be blacklisted instead of losing all of our stored liquids?

12. fondalmond7196

Local Time:
    And we also had 3 HV solar arrays up top that were deleted, as well as a wand pedestal. It would be nice if we could get those back as well.

13. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Small update.

As removing the tanks automatically via a plugin didn't work and caused the server to crash as well I wrote a small plugin that logs all chunks that unload. This way I could find 3 Bases with iron Tanks from 3 logs. I'm quite sure that iron tanks have an issue on monster_north now, as when I left the area of the base the server crashed, after I removed the tank by hand all was fine.

There is at least one more location with an iron tank, which I couldn't find yet. It is near the location you get to when you join monster_north via the monster_lobby. If anyone lives there, please remove your iron tanks, I can't search and replace them via worledit as this causes to generate millions of fake tile entities which causes the server to freeze/crash.

For the people that lost their liquid, well after spending about 20 hours on this issue and without any idea of the issue and solution found after weeks, I have no real patience left, sorry for that.

14. ninetaled

ninetaled New Member

Local Time:
    North has been crashing every 5 min now and taking about 5 min to go back online. So not to spoil your hard work but we are having another crash problem.

EDIT: As soon as dmdm321 left north the server crashed so he might be a cause to the problem.

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Yup, I already looked in it and asked him to leave the server for few minutes. After he left the server crashed. I removed an IC2 Cable on a MineFactory Machine. It seems that this fixed it, so better don't use IC2 cables on this machines.

It is really confuseing that it doesn't happen on the other servers.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  16. ninetaled

ninetaled New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks! The crashes are gone.[DOUBLEPOST=1404860218,1404574093][/DOUBLEPOST]North has crashed twice recently and has not gone up after the second crash. Both times it crashed I didn't see anybody leave the server so...