Implemented Real Time Translation mod should be added to allowed client mod

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by elf0loyd, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Allow this mod to be used by clients on the servers?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2016.
  1. Yes

77.3%
  2. No

4.5%
  3. Let the administrators decide.

18.2%
  1. elf0loyd

elf0loyd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    So yeah, I was playing in DireWolf20 node1 while a few players were speaking in another language.
    I know the rules state to only speak English in global chat but if a majority of people are using another language over English I don't want to bring the rule up especially if they can't understand English (I know a few players who can speak English and their original language, but those few players are not always on). I just think it would be nice to have a translator to better understand them when they might not know English. I don't know, what do you as a community think about allowing this mod for clients?

Real Time Translation Mod for 1.7.10

I'm sorry if this seems to be typed with a bad mood, it's just the first time I'v posted onto these forums and I don't really know MYM community as a whole yet. ^_^
    ps: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

EDIT# 1:
    When your in a server and it detects chat in a language that is not English ( by default it's set to translate text to English ) it will automatically send that information to a service called "Yandex" and Yandex will return the information in the preferred language right into the chat stream in the mine craft client.

I like this because it actually uses the client's computer internet connection to translate, it doesn't need the server to handle anything except from what it already dose by sending chat to your client. :D

here is a screenshot oh how it looks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. HelloKittyPhone

HelloKittyPhone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    What does this mod do exactly?

3. elf0loyd

Local Time:
    When your in a server and it detects chat in a language that is not English ( by default it's set to translate text to English ) it will automatically send that information to a service called "Yandex" and Yandex will return the information in the preferred language right into the chat stream in the mine craft client.

I like this because it actually uses the client's computer internet connection to translate, it doesn't need the server to handle anything except from what it already dose by sending chat to your client. :D

here is a screenshot oh how it looks.
    [​IMG]

4. HelloKittyPhone

HelloKittyPhone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    Ah, I like the mod.

5. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Seems ok to me.

6. elf0loyd

Local Time:
    Woot Woot! :D

7. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:29 AM
    would be interresting with a trial period on one off the servers to feel how good it is

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:29 AM
    You should be able to use it now

9. elf0loyd

Local Time:
    Thank you guys for your trust. :D
    I'm trying it on DireWolf20 node 1 right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1471629281,1471628602][/DOUBLEPOST]This mod works totally as expected :D
    [​IMG]

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    1:29 AM
    i don't play direwolf, but i'd definitely like to see this mod in action on all servers! though maybe change the translation color? don't like gray much lol.

11. elf0loyd

Local Time:
    Thats one of my favorite thing, there is a setting for most everything you'll need. :D
    [​IMG]

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    1:29 AM
    cool! and lol, love how you keep using booker's quote

13. elf0loyd

Local Time:
    Haha yeah, I'm just waiting for a weird convo to happen in this forum and I'll show up with that quote XD