Maybe can we Activate Spatial system from Applied?

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Olalaland, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Olalaland

Olalaland New Member

Local Time:
    7:32 AM
    Only a question is it posiible to Activate this?[DOUBLEPOST=1404748101,1404202238][/DOUBLEPOST]Push

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
  3. KingT

KingT Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hmm, want to give my opinion too even i dont play on Monster, i think Spatial things like storing 100000 Blocks will take to much performance, or? D: and, there will be only more problems like "OMG I'am stucked in my Storage Cell please help / omg i got traped there" etc. etc. etc.

< Against.

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't know, I have never seen them on an server.

5. Olalaland

Olalaland New Member

Local Time:
    That dont take to much performnce it only stores what u define in frames so i think nobody will save a hole chunk[DOUBLEPOST=1404763713,1404763683][/DOUBLEPOST]But i find its a realy nice part of this game

6. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    I wasn't even aware it was in a stable working state in all honesty, I thought it is disabled currently for a reason.
    Possibly something worth trying out on a test server before opening it up to the public as it strikes me as the type of feature that will either work really well or go horribly wrong..

Put it this way, say someone tries to store the structure and contents of their base to move it from one server to another.. and say the spatial storage cell they save it to then gets lost from their inventory while switching servers due to the on-going inv-sync issue... I can already hear the cries of "I lost everything, refund my entire base please zomg!"

So at the very least if we do try enabling it, it's gonna have to be a case of "Use at your own damn risk!" :D

7. Olalaland

Olalaland New Member

Local Time:
    Yes thats no problem use at your own risk i dont say anyone should save his base to move it to anotherserver
    But its a nice part to get maybe a small reactor from server to server or something else

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    We will not enable it as it creates for every Spatila Storage a own world. (too heavy in performance)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014