1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Ozone 2: Chance Cubes

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by MaelstromPhoenix, Sep 10, 2016.

?

See choices:

1. Remove certain chance cube rewards

33 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. Leave all chance cube rewards

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Claims in nether

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Withers in overworld

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:50 PM
    Hey

Just wondering if it would be possible to disable some go the rewards from chance cubes since they have some issues.

Rewards to remove:
    - Nuke: Not sure if this is the right one but one of the rewards causes a massive explosion that deletes all blocks in a huge radius. A good chunk of the nether already looks like a wasteland because of this and for players without fly its going to be extremely difficult to navigate soon. Also you can't build anything without the risk of it exploding.
    - Wither: Spawns a wither that disappears instantly. Not sure if it affects the Hardcode Wither mod but it is essentially a useless reward since something causes it to despawn immediately.

Side note:
    While I am here, I'd also like to request either claims in the nether or spawning withers in the overworld so that other players can't grief setups.

Thanks,
    Mael

2. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    12:50 PM
    Does the wither instantly despawn on singleplayer, because that sounds like a bug.

3. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Active Member

Local Time:
    8:50 AM
    What happens is it spawns a Wither named Kiwi, that is a troll bad result most of the time, in rare occasions, it's a real wither named Kiwi. Happens in single player as well.

It's a troll like the "Herobrine has joined the server' who then says something like 'you aren't worth my time to the player' then leaves server.

profrags likes this.
  4. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:50 AM
    I would personally like the removal of the black hole Chance cube / iso dice reward. It destroys everything.

elemage likes this.
  5. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:50 AM
    its actually a chaos dragon explosion... if you have your sounds up you hear its death roar
    Yeah its a 200~ block radius explosion

6. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have another solution. Only open them in "safe" terrain. Player who enter the nether will always get a portal from which you can start building...
    I don't see any issues here. If you destroy your island... Well though life. They are called chance cubes for a reason ;)

Werwolfi_de likes this.
  7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There was and accident when some1 was killed by other player's black hole in nether - so yes, disable black hole reward, plus it destroys huge space in nether so it counts as world griefing

8. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Risks are part of the pack I guess ;-)
    Also you cannot really grief a farm world.

Kazeodori likes this.
  9. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    The issue isn't that taking the risk of me destroying something I built. The issue lies with the fact that some other player might blow up something I built because they didn't know it was there. The radius is ridiculous which means that if I build something, anyone with a black hole within like 200 blocks or so will wreck what I built.

10. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Active Member

Local Time:
    My teammate got killed by another player in the nether by someone opening chance cubes near the entrance. In a pack where if you run out of lives, you have to start over, this is really unacceptable. I've not been to the nether yet, but from what I have heard, the area is absolutely wrecked in there.

I almost wat to suggest turning on the aroma mining dimension for an extra place where the cubes can be opened. It would however make the early game a bit easier, but of course it would make gathering resources a tiny bit easier in the early game, but probably wouldn't be overpowering, especially since we have both magic crops and agricraft in this pack.

Edit: another option would be to reset the nether very often, like every few days or so.

11. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:

Kazeodori likes this.
  12. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    12:50 PM
    The only risks that are a part of the pack are avoidable, to my knowledge.

13. tyler489

Local Time:
    We had A MOB Place one when we killed it... its now sitting in the middle of our base Just waiting for someone to hit it

14. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    though the Nuke(I call it a antimatter bomb) bypassed protections soo if there one goes off in ur base, u can say bye bye to it

15. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Oh boy, people dont want to understand gambling...

You risk your island for a few items. It can either happen, that you get a ton of stuff, or your whole island gets blown up.
    If you do it in the nether, I dont see whats so wrong with that. If people do not want to risk their islands getting blown up they go to the nether.
    So, as knoxz said, those risks are essential for the modpack. If you have a problem with any reward, just dont use them. But you cant forbid people to use them neither on their island nor the nether. Would you be complaining, if someone just mined the nether, or spawned a wither and then disconnected? C'mon

16. tyler489

Local Time:
    The problem is MOBS PLACE THEM I had a mob Spawn one in right next to my smeltery... i dont want to break it i want it removed But the silktouch pendent has no recipy... contacting staff i got the msg We dont interfere with Game Elements

17. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:50 PM
    hmmmmm Bugs with the island is still there,

18. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    The issue isn't that I don't want to risk blowing my own island up. The issue lies in the fact that someone else can do it. If I build something in the nether and I open a cube nearby and it destroys everything, thats on me. However if I build something and another player happens to open a nuke nearby which destroys what I built, that's something I can't do anything about.

19. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what are you building in the nether?

20. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Create a public "chance cube opening world" like the farm world that's just a superflat world of whatever the highest blast resistant block you can find lol or make it a normal superflat of bedrock and reset it often ;) I sure wish I had something like that in ozone 1 early on lol. Maybe make it only accessible once u reached the nether so the risk of ur island is still there if u don't wanna wait, but people won't be making nether Swiss cheese anymore (yeah I know probly not gunna happen but fun useless idea generating is what I'm here for :D )