1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible When you want to build but not good at it

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by ScarletHamster12, Oct 15, 2016.

1. ScarletHamster12

ScarletHamster12 Tainted Wolf Patron Tier 3 Booster

Local Time:
    11:19 PM
    Then MrCrayfish’s Construction Mod is for you

2. ScarletHamster12

Local Time:
    I think is might me a good mod to add to regrowth

3. Can't, mym won't change the modpack for anything which I think is good because otherwise the logician of the gods will break all modpacks with projectE

coolgi3000 likes this.
  4. ScarletHamster12

Local Time:
    all it adds is just an easyer building mechanic

5. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:19 AM
    MYM will not change any packs unless they are made by MYM, if you want this added talk to the modpack creator

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  6. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Active Member

Local Time:
    Just make modular Direboxes. that, or do 9x9 internal rooms with torches in the middle of each long wall. hich is also the perfect size for a farm for 1 water source block right in the middle. Do this and then chisel the walls

The problem with adding mods to existing modpacks is that anyone who wants to play that pack will have to manually install that mod unless it is in the official release download.

7. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:19 PM
    MyM always keeps modpacks as true to its originality as possible, why there is fairly few items that are banned within a modpack so that the player may experiance as much of it as possible while still being able to play on a server. Also, only mods ever being added are mods that are client side and are whitelisted that way not everyone has to have the mod but those who do can. Only thing that ever gets changed. As Muffin mentioned above, contact the original creator of the modpack in order for there to be any actual change.

Also, if you truly don't think you have any way to build... perhaps checking out schematica and playing around with that. Or, you can look at some references online to something you'd want to build. Chisel and carpenters blocks are the easiest mods to use while building without almost any effort and still have the end product look good :p

8. ScarletHamster12

Local Time:
    MrCrayfish’s Construction Mod makes it so you click 1 block and makes it so you can build structures but you need all the resources

9. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well said but regrowth has had its last update i believe.

10. ScarletHamster12

Local Time:
  11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Why dont you just use schematica?

12. ScarletHamster12

Local Time:
    the whole point was to it kinda be like buildcraft but you can use stuff from single player

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Have you ever used schematica?

14. LunaBlossoms

Local Time:
  15. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Wouldn't having a construction mod like that defeat the purpose of minecraft? For me, the best part is building and epic base. Why would I want a mod to do it for me? Seems redundant, but that's just my opinion.

16. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Lmao mind if I quote this in my signature eventually?

-edit
    Done!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  17. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:19 AM
    I am working on my first mod right now. It adds two blocks. Block one is a copy of the dire crafting table. Block two is the superbutton. You craft it by putting 81 vanilla buttons into the first block. Once you place the superbutton down and press it you finish the pack you are currently playing. Unless you are SirStudMuffin, then your base explodes.

Also already added HQM support. It automatically marks all quests as solved and voids all rewards, so that you don't have to deal with stuff in your inventory or all over the floor.

I am also working on some kind of auto-showoff function that automatically uploads a screenshot into the MyM screenshot gallery and then deletes your save game, to free up valuable storage on your hard drive.

Feel free to suggest more features.

18. LunaBlossoms

Local Time:
    True and I agree with you mainly because I'm a builder myself. However, if such a mod is in any modpack you do have the option of just not playing with it unless it is somehow implemented into the modpack progression.

Either way or getting back to the topic, adding a mod to a modpack that was not created by MyM is really not a question. It would have to go through the actual modpack creator.

The only way you're going to get close to what you want @OP is via schematica.

19. Do what thou will

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2016
  20. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If you rename the button before u place it "SirStudMuffin" it blows up the base to