1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How-To: Subdividing your claim

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Kronnn, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    Subdividing your claim has many benefits, including letting different players/groups build in specific places on your claim, while protecting the rest of the claim from them.

Materials needed: A claim and a golden shovel
    [​IMG]
    Subdividing the claim is quite easy.
    First, while holding your golden shovel in your hand, you put the shovel into subdivision mode with the command /subdivideclaim
    Now you right click the shovel at one corner of the area you wish to subdivide, and again at the opposite corner (as if you were making a new claim around it, note that subdividing a claim does not use any additional claimblocks)
    You will then see the area outlined in wool and iron blocks
    [​IMG]
    You can do this as many times as you like, an the subdivisions can be as large or as small as you like
    [​IMG]
    When you have the area subdivided, you simply stand inside it and can use /trust /accesstrust /containertrust and /permissiontrust as if you were trusting someone in a full claim.

If you trust someone within one of your subdivisions, they will only be able to build/access containers in that subdivision. Or if you have subdivisions on a claim and /trust someone outside of the subdivision they can build everywhere but the subdivisions.

To remove the subdivision you stand inside the sub claim and type /abandonbandonclaim as normal. You can't remove the larger main claim when it's subdivided with the /abandonclaim command. If you want to delete the main claim the command changes to /abandontoplevelclaim which deletes the main claim and all subdivisions.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. lorarose

lorarose Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Thanks for the info Kronnn :D I feel like this thread should be pinned... it would be quite useful in many instances I think!

3. How do you delete the sub claims?

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    Stickied for everyone to see!

lorarose and LunaBlossoms like this.
  5. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You stand inside the sub claim and type /abandonbandonclaim as normal. You can't remove the larger main claim when it's subclaimd with the /abandonclaim command. If you want to delete the main claim the command changes to /abandontoplevelclaim which deletes the main claim and all subclaims.

LunaBlossoms and SanndyTheManndy like this.
  6. thanks a ton!

7. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Perhaps include that in the main post as it is pretty relevant and good to know information :)

8. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Done now :)

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  9. 2BradyBoys

2BradyBoys Enthusiastic Automator

Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    really helps in a group

10. Snicklefritz113

Snicklefritz113 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    I am aware this is an old thread but I am having issues with the subclaim feature in the Attack of the B-team Server. My issue is that once a player is trusted in the main claim... they then have access to every subclaim in the main claim regardless if they are trusted in the subclaim or not.

I have tried deleting the whole claim and starting over and still with no success. The only way it works is if the players are not trusted in the main claim or only give accesstrust permissions.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Best regards,