[PO2-Titan] Enable awakened blocks in MFR auto-spawner

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Ahbahl, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    I've made a thread about this before in the support section but it was quickly shot down with little to no explanation.

To reiterate, erebus adds an item called the "Wand of Animation" which can animate blocks into mobs. You can then capture these mobs in an MFR safari net and spawn them from an MFR auto-spawner. Or atleast you are supposed to be able to do that but it has been disabled because:
    In the previous thread (which I linked above) I've tried multiple things in single player to "confirm" this duping claim and I have been unable to dupe things that werent supposed to be replicated with the "Wand of Animation" and MFR auto-spawner interaction.

Blocks that can contain items either cant be animated or are empty once spawned.
    Of the creative blocks I've tried only the creative AE energy cell can be animated, which shouldnt be a problem as it gives you infinite AE power anyways and trading of endgame items is against the rules.

Using this combo is clearly intended from the side of the pack creator as the recipe has been considerably buffed. The question here is "what is considered duping".
    If it disabled for "duping" hard to aquire blocks like awakened draconium, then so is the creative portible tank duping as it can "dupe" any liquid.

If this feature somehow can dupe items (not blocks) then I would like to know the ifs and hows so I can confirm it myself and maybe think of a solution. I would like if this didnt get "Closed", "Done" or "Denied" immediately either.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    2:42 AM
    trading of endgame items is only against the rules if one doesn't already have the item, and the answer is that it is duping, can you not argue this any more? It is duping, I'll give you an example of something similar: You used to be able to get items from MFR auto-spawned mobs that you threw into their hands, this caused a lot of people to start having 100s of sets of quantum armor and different items, everyone who took part of it was banned, as it was duping, this is literally the exact same thing, and it will be treated as such

3. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    The creative portable tank allows you to "dupe" every liquid.
    This would allow you to "dupe" most blocks that arent tile entities and are bigger than 0.7 blocks. Yes, blocks, not items.
    Then why is the tank allowed while this isnt?

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    the creative tank is also an intentional part of the modpack where the creators had to actively add into the game

5. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    The wand and its funtions are also an intentional part of the modpack as the creator modified its recipe because they clearly knew of its power.
    [​IMG]

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    that or having those living block monsters to attack things is pretty strong as a weapon, as it stands though, as far as i'm seeing it it's duping, ask the modpack creator if he thinks it is if you keep saying it isn't, instead of just saying that it isn't

7. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    It isnt duping as the modpack creator blacklisted "erebus.animatedChest" and "erebus.animatedBambooCrate" from the MFR spawner while intentionally leaving "erebus.animatedBlock" out. It even works in singleplayer.

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Have you asked the modpack author? do you have a proof he/she said this?

9. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Nope, but I just sent an email about it to him.

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Thank you, please notify us of his response

11. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry 100% against this. Not needed.

12. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:42 AM
    I'll do one better @Cazador_Sniper

13. Sjakie_NL

Sjakie_NL Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not to throw dirt in someones eyes.. But isn't it better to disable the item?
    Or is it needed for a quest? (Not that far in questbook yet on PO2 Titan)...

Just to make sure no one could come across this problem???

14. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    agreeing with lucid. we had too much trouble with that item before we disabled it and i dont see a reason to enable an item with massive dupe exploits[DOUBLEPOST=1477479256][/DOUBLEPOST]
    We are not going to leak how you can dupe with stuff.

15. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not needed for a quest as I've completed the book.

16. aD0UBLEj

aD0UBLEj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    It's only needed for the lazy method of making infinity ingots by spawning them once you've made 1 block. So basically not needed at all.

17. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Except that for how endgame the recipe is, by the time you had it you would easily be able to 1-shot mostly anything weak enough to use the living blocks against.

18. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it is intended. Not required, but intended.

So now its a problem about duping.
    Well, I would suggest making an exception and enabling it on PO2 Titan, because I tried to dupe with it myself in singleplayer and I havent been able to dupe anything with it so it must be some obscure way that 1 in 1000 people stumble upon.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    julio1237878 and tyler489 like this.
  19. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    I may also point out (without agreeing with either side necessarily) that the main basis of project ozone 1 and 2 are to have an extremely overpowered endgame, and nothing screams overpowered like an intended duplication exploit :p

However this brings up the main reason why there have to be restrictions on endgame items
    PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT

As for the "1 in 1000 people stumble upon it" it all depends on how the person thinks, for example one of the first things I thought in ozone 1 when I heard about what the staff did was "wonder if it would work with the auto-spawner"

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  20. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    still some exploits are there and we had some crashing issues. the negatives are more then the pros

LunaBlossoms likes this.