1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info MC 1.10. 2 Direwolf20 Status Report

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    2:54 AM
    Hi there,

this is a quick status report about the dirwolf20 1.10.2 server. The first heavy modded 1.10.2 minecraft server for us.
    Performance The performance has been miserable so far. The server can't handle 5 players with a fresh world for long due to memory leaking. Keeping the memory leak aside it is not performing well either, I would say it can not handle more than 10 players, while the 1.7.10 direwolf20 pack can handle 30 (considering the age of the world) which means once there is some progress and big bases start popping up, it might not be able to handle more than 5 players. On top there is the bug with endless spawning of skeleton horses which is draining performance (resolved by @Matryoshika)
    Stability The stability did surprise me. Not a single crash so far. WOW.
    Protection The protection system is as expected, it does protect most modded items properly, but there are still quite a lot of items bypassing it. It is an improvement, but in no way as good as the system we have on 1.7.10.
    This tells us that modded 1.10.2 is far from being usable on a medium/large scale. In other words, fine for a family/friend environment but not for a public server, yet.

Nethertheless the server will stay and we are putting more work into it. With the hope of modded 1.10.2 improving it performance a lot and quick.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    9:54 PM
    So, to summarize: it works, the memory leak issue just has to be fixed FIRST, right?

3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Thanks for that info.

Is it possible to reduce rain? And is it also possible to reduce the percentage of people needed to sleep to skip the night? People are usually trying to sleep, but a percentage of maybe 20-25% would be better, otherwise the mod is useless anyway.

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    It works but not well. The pack/server requires +3 times the resources a 1.7.10 packs of that size requires.

5. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i'm going to assume this is largely in part due to mobs like the skeleton horse problem (there were over 100 around my base due to various reasons, as well as everyone else's), I hope we can find the cause for it to use so many resources that would make hosting it as a server much more reasonable

6. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    If this is of any help, the to skeletal horses being in, as chugga stated, ahuge quantity, the weather is almost always stormy. Unsure if this can cause issues but i suspect it does.

Also there weren't much of any issues, as far as I can tell, when the server had at least 18 players a while ago. (5-6 hours after launch)

7. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    Thats a sight to see, Horde of Skeleton Horses

8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    I hope the PSI mod isn't causing issues I'm super excited to try that out :D

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    last night it was .63 tps, there are some issues

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We can look into that. I'm not aware of any existing "intelligent" weather control solution so far. (only: always sunny).
    The sleep counter is reduced to 24% percentage with the next restart, unless the mod overwrites the adjusted config on shutdown.
    Unfortunately no, its the overall performance. Nothing specific. (@Matryoshika resolved the horse issue already.)

LunaBlossoms and Sandstroem like this.
  11. Zhainius

Zhainius Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    1:54 AM
    Will it eventually get /shop /kit and /market? or will that not be possible on 1.10?

Also is it currently tracking our hours played on the network?

12. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @Zhainius when we switch from forge to what we use currently for 1.7.10
    Also I believe no on the tracking

Zhainius likes this.
  13. Zhainius

Zhainius Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    /fly and /god suddenly stopped working now?

14. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:54 PM
    Admins are aware of the issue.

Zhainius likes this.
  15. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Welp, I'm sad to inform about stability but I'm pretty sure I just crashed the server, I tried automating copper plates (Ic2 hammer+coppper ingot) on a RFTools crafter. As I turned it on the server instantly crashed. Thankfully the crafter block for deleted as I tried logging back on the server after restart.

16. Sigibuld

Sigibuld Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Can we stop with the constant restarts on the server? I realize that we are seeing TPS issues but we should not have to restart that frequently, maybe once an hour. It has been restarting ever 15 minutes today since around 3:30 And after 5pm it's restarted every 5 to 10 minutes.

17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    does it say "restart in x minutes" or does it just kick you, if it just kicks you that's a crash

18. Sigibuld

Sigibuld Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    It pops up with a message saying Server Closed. So I assume it is probably a crash. So maybe we find out what is crashing the server?

19. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    people are working on that

20. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    These are crashes, not restarts. And I believe they should be fixed, thanks to @Kronnn :)

lryanle likes this.