MC 1.10. 2 Direwolf20 Status Report 2

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    Hello MyM 1.10 Players,

if you haven't read the last status report please see: Info - MC 1.10. 2 Direwolf20 Status Report | MineYourMind Community

Performance Since the last status report @Matryoshika ported two of our performance mods which helped out especially in the area of entities (friendly and aggressive mobs). Further sponge 5.0 was missing a few of its best performance patches which boosted performance a lot.
    With these changes we are now seeing solid TPS with up to 12 players.
    Fortunately there are two big culprits in the pack. The IC2 Chunkloaders and the ExtraUtilities2 Quarry.
    The IC2 Chunkloaders issue is that it is not configurable, there is no way to limit the amount of chunks a player could load and we can't set it to only run while the player is offline. This causes all bases with chunkloaders to be loaded at all times, even if the owner hasn't been online in days.
    The EXU2 Quarry is coded very badly and the developer is non responsive. See the amount of open issues and non existing responds from the author: Issues · rwtema/extrautilities · GitHub
    Both these items have been banned from crafting already. If you have any in use please remove them within the next few days, before we do which might interrupt your automation.
    Unfortunately I'm not aware of any good alternatives in both cases, but we are working on porting our chunk manager system.
    Stability At the time of the last status report we had no crashes, unfortunately this changed with players progressing, atm it is the most unstable server we have :(
    Protection We updated the protection system which fixed a few of those issues, but there are still many loop wholes. If you find ways to bypass the protection please let us know with a post in the private report section.
    AE2 A fixed version of AE2 was added but unfortunately we had to disable important parts due to a major bug which can cause major item loss for you: Open - Direwolf20 1.10 Cant withdraw items from AE2 system | MineYourMind Community
    TicketSystem The TicketSystem is now available on the server. Please use it only to report grief and for issues that only affect you. All other issues are better suited on the forums. Either in the Private Bug Report Section or the Direwolf20 1.10 Support area, depending on if the information is safe for public eyes (e.g. dupe and protection bypass bugs should go into the private area).
    Permissions Permissions have been migrated to another (highly maintained) system (LuckPerms). We plan to port LuckPerms to bukkit 1.6.4 to use it on all servers.

Thank you all for playing this new pack/server in such a unpolished state and reporting issues. We have already received tremendous amounts of bug reports, which helps in going forward faster.

2. crazylea

crazylea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sad to see the quarry go.
    Well back to good old mining it is xd

lryanle likes this.
  3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:42 AM
    Any information on a chunkloader that works better than the IC2 chunkloader and a quarry better than the Quantum Quarry? both of these are highly in use around the server, I would love to know some replacements for them if I ever run out of materials

crazylea likes this.
  4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    If there is really no alternative, we can look into optimizing the mods code our self and if that is not possible maybe allowing them per player by request.

crazylea likes this.
  5. crazylea

crazylea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would love to see the server more stable.
    Even if that means taking away the quarry, chunkloaders (like slind said) will become the custom mym chunkloaders as fast as posible :) i also would love to see the /shop working so i think that goes along with it because of buying tickets and such.
    Its been a great pack so far lets make the server also run great and its perfect for me XD

6. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The builder block from RF tools is the only Quarry other than the one from Extra Utils2. There is a "quarry" ritual in Blood Magic but it is known to be buggy. For now, just mine by hand in the deep dark as needed.

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    speaking of stability, new (server) crash found when I logged in! Speak of the devil and he shall appear, right?
    But yhea, the quarries were ridiculous at first, and I think most people have the supplies to last a few years at this point, but maybe for now the chunkloaders from ExU2 work for us?

8. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I only regret making it. There goes a nether star :p

9. Fez__

Fez__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:42 PM
    The only other thing would be using the vertical digger with max upgrades, does a 33x33 area and can mine only ores. Very handy in the deep dark. Works very well and as the deep dark is infinite it is perfect.

10. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    10:42 PM
    Sooo is there any updates on the rollback feature? I'm still waiting on either some form of world restart (God knows that's gonna happen someday), a second server once everything is stable or the rollback to be added since I honestly can't be bothered fixing up my base. Congratulations on stabilising the server btw, though the loss of the quarry is a major setback for a lot of people. I suppose we'll be seesing more usage of IE's quarry.

11. Rubijox

Rubijox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    doesnt immersive ingeniering have some sort of drill? that could be a good alternative to the quantum quarry

12. grav0r

grav0r Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    cant remove my quarry cos im not whitelisted any more :(

13. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    I thought that was a handheld tool isn't it?

14. Rubijox

Rubijox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    im not sure, i have never used it

15. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    I think Rubijox is talking about the Immersive Engineering Excavator multiblock, that if you find a chunk that has let say a Iron Vain then you will get a large amount of ores "You need a Core Sample Drill to find what type of vain is located inside a chunk".

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  16. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    O cool i may give that a try

17. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    It's a quarry of some sort the downside is that you will need to find a chunk with the ores you want. The benefits is that the vain last for a long time and you get more than just 1 type of ore.

18. golemofstone

golemofstone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:42 PM
    Personally i always prefer the old manual mining to quarries (Have one on in5 but never placed it :D) Bedrock dim FTW, Cough having kits helps too OC :p

19. Speed_crafter007

Speed_crafter007 New Member

Local Time:
    I would suggest updating the pack first before completely removing the quantum quarry
    As stated here Extra Utilities 2 - 1.10.2 - 1.1.0 - Files - Extra Utilities - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge in the changelog there was a bug that mobs spawned in the quarry dimension wich could be a reason why it lagged so much.
    And can someone please send me a link to an issue on GitHub which says that the quarry is killing tps, because I searched for a moment and didn't found one. They might be removed or I was just blind

20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    It generates chunks as it mines, add having 60+ of them doing so.....

21. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    yeah i'm glad you guys removed those 2 items tho it sorta helps out (if people wine about their mob grinder set ups i swear to god i will smack them all with a frying pan then followed by a salon)

22. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    Just out of curiosity has anyone attempted to pregen the world the quarry mines?