Implemented Crafty turtles not crafteable

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies' started by ExoNoctua, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    4:38 PM
    The crafty turtles are not craftable the normal and the advanced.
    The receipe should be: Workbench (id:58) + Turtle (id: 1232) = crafty turtle(id: 1228)
    @SirWilli

2. sin_samsonsin

sin_samsonsin New Member

Local Time:
    I am pretty sure that it has a glitch that allows the duplication of items. This is why it is banned

Sent using Tapatalk on IPhone

3. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    Its not in banneditems and on other servers(crackpack) it works.

4. sin_samsonsin

sin_samsonsin New Member

Local Time:
    Banned items list is often not up to date (at least thats my experience). And I've seen other servers that have that disabled because of duplicating issues. Tho I have never played on crack pack I presume it has the same problem

Sent using Tapatalk on IPhone

5. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    Well its was just a reminder for willi so, i already talked to him

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It should be. If not the item should be not banned or we just forget to add it to the list.

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    They have all the same ID :/ So I can't fix the recipe.

8. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    3:38 PM
    Could you add a repeatable /is challenge to give a crafty turtle for a turtle and a crafting table?

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    No, I can't

10. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    What about an IC2 trade station? Just trying to work out a way this relatively useless item can be obtained :3

11. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Not entirely sure what's going on with it but I've discovered that the crafting table is considered incompatible unless it has a hidden nbtdata value of some kind..

Since CC 1.6 there is now a command turtle.equipLeft() or turtle.equipRight() which will equip a valid item if it is selected in the turtles inventory..
    I figured it was worth trying to place down a turtle, give it a crafting table and use the command to see if it would equip but it throws back
    false
    Not a valid upgrade

However, it then occurred to me to creative spawn an actual crafty turtle, place it down and then use the command to make it equip a sword in place of the crafting upgrade to see what happens, and guess what, it gave me back a crafting table which was seemingly exactly the same as the one I had previously tried to equip, and would stack with the previous one, but when picking it up again in my inventory it would immediately unstack itself causin me to pick up only one table not the stack of two!

Weirder still, when I took the crafting table that I got from the crafty turtle and put it in slot one of the basic turtle I tried with originally and retried the equip command, it worked perfectly and equipped the crafting table upgrade turning the turtle into a crafty turtle!

So now I have a makeshift solution for you: I've set up a trade-o-mat on your island (next to your unifier by the barrels) which will trade normal crafting tables for the crafting table which works with the equip command, so now you can make as many crafty turtles as you need :D

12. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    I wasn't actually the one who needed them, I think it was @HHopstar who did :3 I was just doing a bit of useless problem solving because I felt it could be something incredibly useful for future people. But now that it's actually there, I can think of a few potential uses for them :D

13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    @chaosblad3 what's the ID of the correct crafting table?

14. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    It's 58, like the incorrect one.

15. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I figured it out, it's because of MATERIALS.. as in what kind of wood the table is made out of, evidentially when you make a crafting table out of oak wood planks and when you make one out of say jungle planks, the two resultant sets of crafting tables will have the exact same id and no visible metadata but has a hidden nbt value that denotes what material it is made out of so that when you place it down it still matches the color of that material!

What I've done is put a stack of 4 working tables and stack of 4 not working ones in my inventory (slot 2 and 3 respectively) so you should be able to open up my player.dat for AG+ with NBTEdit and have a look at them to see what if anything is the hidden value of the one that works :D

16. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    Oke thanks i made a work around with my me sytem and some import and export. but maybe for a other project this would be a nice to have them. But if their not fixed i can sleep with it:) even when their not gonne be fixed thanks for the work chaos.

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I disabled more craftingtables in the random things config, let me know if this fixes it.

18. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    Still non valid upgrade

19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The server needs a restart for this change.

20. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    haha lol sorry:)