New years Community Project

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by LordFungi, Dec 31, 2016.

1. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    Hello everyone, I am Fungi. I've been an active member of MyM for two years now. I think I want to contribute to the history of the network by opening up my island to a community build, and share my plans for afterword. First, the island. This took a few days to completely pull off the ground (hue), and giving credit where its due it wouldn't have been finished as fast as it was without Atum, who helped me clear the ground to bedrock. This was important because i imagined a bottomless void, but unfortunately i have not found a way to break the unbreakable bedrock completely, pardon my digressing. The build, I want to create a floating city on this floating island above a void, which when complete, will host events including hunger games, maze runners, and more when i think of them.

Note, there are problems I am still facing regarding the claim on the island. I don't exactly have enough claim blocks to cover everything, so maybe 1/5'th of the island itself is still unclaimed and the surrounding pit is half claimed. I would like to extend the border to 3 chunks out from the furthest parts of the void pit.

Secondly, what to do with the pit. Fill it in after all that work? Snow wanted me to at least fence it off from the outside, but i want to find a work around for that. It wouldn't be aesthetic. People suggest filling it with molten metal but its not that simple, its a PIT TO BEDROCK AT 24 CHUNKS WIDE, PEOPLE.

Third, the design of the city. I'd like that to be modeled after maybe some of the cities in Assassin's Creed, specifically the ones in Italy. Houses smooshed together with roofs connecting, alleyways and such. Close quarters with a few open spaces such as plazas, markets and farmlands.

Last, but certainly not least and maybe the most important, people. This isn't a paying job, it needs people with free time and a helping hand, preferably hands that are able to sculpt and wield their pickaxes like champs. I need talented builders to volunteer for this.

If you think you can help at all with the effort, post below and I will get back to it on the second day of the new year.
    Island Map 1. Island Side 1. Island Top 1. Island Underside 1.

2. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Also, don't mind the catherdral, its the base which i will give people wireless access to my AE system so they may use any of my materials.

3. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:36 PM
    interesting. What pack/node is this on?

4. littlejdude

littlejdude Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:36 PM
    I suck at building but I can help with functionality, and concealing wires and things wherever you may need (like ME p2p's for redstone Controll.)
    I'm good at copying things, while worse at creating from scratch. Like, I have recreated a few star wars ships in Agrarian servers.(working on a SSD from one side of my island to the other)

I would be happy to help in anyway I could.

5. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Ahh, ya I did forget to add where this is right. It's on Crackpack Node 1

6. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:36 PM
    FILL IT with molten metal.... drains all the metals on the server to fill it...

HelloKittyPhone likes this.
  7. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Already found a way to remove the bedrock. One obstacle overcome.

now i just need people and claimblocks.

Thinking i'll postpone this until the whole island is claimed. and i've done something about this pit beneath it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017