Done maybe change claiming to FTB utils?

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by sage334, Jan 12, 2017.

1. sage334

sage334 New Member

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    I hear that FTB utils has improved with 1.10 and was wondering if it were possible to change claiming to this way

it adds a easy way for you to limit the amount of chunk loadable claims ect

its also very easy to use
    please consider my request

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:26 PM
    What do you dislike about the current system?

3. sage334

sage334 New Member

Local Time:
    well mister sir
    with the current system you require an item to change the size of the claims possibly making it difficult for early game players claim areas
    also it sounds like the chunkloaders from chicken chunks dosnt keep chunks loaded while the player is offline (i only heard this from a single player)
    also its easier to see other players claims with just a glance

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    You don't need to do that on skyblock.
    Offline loading is disabled.

5. sage334

sage334 New Member

Local Time:
    okay well is it possible to enable chunk loading because on sky factory you have to do a lot of waiting especially early game waiting for recourse to produce it not so much a problem later game but early game you have to do a lot of waiting/ afking (which is hard to do because short afk timer)

i understand that chunk loading can be intensive on a server but with so little to do while waiting early game in sky factory when you are waiting for things to produce i think it would be very useful to allow for offline chunk loading

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    there is no time to wait if you know what you are doing ;) Why do you need to wait?

7. sage334

sage334 New Member

Local Time:
    because production of ores and things like that takes a while and at a point in early game you cant do much without anything.

also adding offline chunk loading will allow people who have work or school to not fall behind the other people on the server who don't have work or school[DOUBLEPOST=1484285167][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe even allowing offline chunk loading to donators would be a possibility?

lowering the amount of offline chunks that will be loaded.

8. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:26 AM
    That's always the advantage of people who are not working or have school have. Sky Factory has no questbook, it's not a competition. Relax, enjoy the game, have fun.

Messiah7 and littlejdude like this.
  9. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    I could see us looking into using FTBUtils for the claiming of lands, and also maybe for some sort of chunk loading. One of the main issues is that we already have both of those handled, so FTBUtils would need to do both better then what we use now.

There also would need to be better integration with the other mods we have in use on the server.

So for now, the answer is no. But we will keep an eye on it and when it is a better option for the server we will definitely test it out.