Feedback thread for GS2 alpha testers

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by caithleen, Feb 22, 2017.

1. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    Drop rates 0% means just its under 1%.
    The Turrets have camouflage addons, means when inactive they retract into base.
    The bonemeal is just one way to get there. You start with a kinda functioning mobfarm ...
    Texture bugs will probably never fixed since gc isn't activly maintained.

@Fastcraft+Title logo : Polishing is far, far away ... remind me after beta :p

And nope, mekanism wont make it in. Most of the machines are already there. Generators and Ore Processing would be disabled and the few things that would be left are already custom integrated into TE, adv. G., bc, qp and other mods.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    ah. alright.
    also rip mekanism. you will be missed.
    also, i've been banging my head with a makeshift questbook for the last half hour trying to figure out how to make iron. every time i think i figured it out it picks me up by the hair and throws me back to the start. only lead is a fluid transposer given by a quest i can't spot.

3. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Take broken iron, put broken iron in vanilla furny?

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    two things. do you have another book i can hit myself with? i think i broke the last one...
    also, idk if it's my graphics card, but fastcraft caused no problems for my title screen whatsoever.[DOUBLEPOST=1489566077][/DOUBLEPOST]also in my spare time, i might try to create a better starting base. when i do it might be somewhat similar to that of the spaceship for crash landing. that's no gurantee.[DOUBLEPOST=1489566144][/DOUBLEPOST]also broken iron ore does not cook into iron ingots. not the block nor the item.[DOUBLEPOST=1489566389][/DOUBLEPOST]screenshot if you don't believe me... lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  5. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    You can craft more questbooks or simply use the hotkey. BQM does not rely on having a book.

As mentioned in the convos and known issues : try a /mt reload when the recipes dont seem to work.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ahh. never noticed that. thanks caith, that fixed it =)

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:53 PM
    Make sure you don't combine your brokens and try to throw them in a furnace, it won't work. You have to put individual broken ores to smelt them into a nugget.

8. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Ahh good one. Maybe I should point that out.

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yeah, i made that mistake. though i did find an mid-tier 1 way to cast blocks of a resource for cheap, with the whole blocks.

10. NeroPiner

NeroPiner Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sry for this maybe stupid Question... but i read GS2 and thought... maybe Galactic Science 2?

If yes... How can i get into these Alpha Tests?? i loved Galactic Science all the Time... Its like a Drug for me and i want more *.*

11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    somehow i left my game on and it purged my entire oxygen supply. i came back next day to see i'm dying from asphyxiation. pleasant.

12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Find the mistake ...

13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I hope you keep the pyramide. :D

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    lol, why the pyramid?[DOUBLEPOST=1489725010,1489718994][/DOUBLEPOST]hey caith, any lore behind you're being on the moon? i kinda want to add a "Captain's Log" to the crashed ship (where you'll find some of your starter supplies) and want to be aware of possible lore first. that way nothing is off. keep me posted.[DOUBLEPOST=1489725153][/DOUBLEPOST]also, should i refrain from specifics on this post? or can i be somewhat out there?[DOUBLEPOST=1489732608][/DOUBLEPOST]._. caith, it said my playthrough world is using the backup, due to "a bug or corruption" but it won't load. ehmm.[DOUBLEPOST=1489733211][/DOUBLEPOST]well aroma helped, but it decided to be very stupid and not have a backup of my latest save. it sent me back to pre-completion of the metal traces quest. i'm just gonna cheat back to where i was... freaking aroma sometimes...[DOUBLEPOST=1489733657][/DOUBLEPOST]to be fair, i don't think the corruption was caused by the pack. the game might've detected an unknown usage of the instance on the same world, thus causing the corruption.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Because Stargate. Watch the movie.

16. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    lol. i've watched the stargate series. i actually believed it ended on one episode... lol. but i never watched the movie. i might do that.[DOUBLEPOST=1489735483,1489734142][/DOUBLEPOST]was messing around a bit, mind if i ask why me controllers are disabled? i mean, it doesn't make much sense to me.[DOUBLEPOST=1489736107][/DOUBLEPOST]did some digging, i understand why they're disabled.

17. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Pyramid because of SG-1 lore. There are freaking Goa'Uld Pyramids everywhere! The lore is short and already on the curse project page :p

And channel-less ME Systems dont have controllers ;)

18. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
    Maybe adding a recipe to get the broken ore back if you accidentally combine them like... other people... have done before :p just like ingots ->block -> ingots etc

caithleen likes this.
  19. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Thats the perfect solution for this! Only need to decide if normalmode (4 broken back) or caithmode (3) 3:)

Willfon likes this.
  20. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:53 PM
    Punish them! Punish them for their ignorance! Or you know you could do it in normal mode too.