Feedback thread for GS2 alpha testers

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by caithleen, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:44 AM
    3? How generous!

I was just about to suggest that you instead make the dust piles smeltable as well, so you would need to hammer the gravel block if you combined it, but then you get that 1.2x bonus so you increase the number of nuggets and we would not want that, would we. haha.

But seriously, you would expect some loss when you combine and decombine the gravel. Some in your shoe.

2. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Humm i wonder if i could make them craft into unstable ingots and hide the nei recipe so it show broken iron instead...

But thats for the ocean of tears mode ;)

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    ocean of tears. caithleen, please. your demon enderpearl recipe already killed my oxygen supply twice before i gave up on the pearl.[DOUBLEPOST=1489765883][/DOUBLEPOST]also, did some work on a better crash site. i built it in creative on your testing world. i also took the liberty of making your testing pyramid room airtight. that hole in the floor was the bane of me... it took me 20 minutes to notice it :p

4. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    If you would know the steel machine hull recipe ... well ... here it is :D

[DOUBLEPOST=1489766441][/DOUBLEPOST]Wonder what that machine parts is made of? Well some dense Steel plates and silicon plates!

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    why do the assembly table recipes have to be so energy intensive >.< this should get interesting. and how am i supposed to speedily create stuff in an assembly table? the lasers are too da** slow... lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1489779970][/DOUBLEPOST]so am i the only person who offered an alternative spawn base?[DOUBLEPOST=1489780034][/DOUBLEPOST]also, can we include the matter overdrive mod? please? #blackholes #android #androidscanstillsuffocate #ineedthosecrates

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  6. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    We have Laserplus from Quarryplus ;)

My lasers for balance test @t3 are currently pumping 40m rf/t into 4 tables ;) (T2 midgame was about 6 lasers each 0,5m)

Thoo at T1 its more mass of lasers for tables. 20-30 should be doable and reasonable. There are a few quests but its not complete to explain how to make them and how they also drain your network.

Matter Overdrive is on the "More nah than yay" list. Maybe ill see a place for it when i make t4[DOUBLEPOST=1489780452][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh also you are not meant to craft stuff "speedly". More steady and to not make it too much of a grind i design for horizontal expansion (Not 1000 things that produce item a, but 10 for a, 10 for b, 10 for c and so on)

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yeah, but i automate AE2 crud. i automate all the things. it bugs me when laser assembly's are slow
    :p[DOUBLEPOST=1489780562][/DOUBLEPOST]and fingers crossed Matter Overdrive gets in there.[DOUBLEPOST=1489780640][/DOUBLEPOST]i mean in my defense, Stargate does have essential "Androids" in it. From biological to Bio-Mechanical.
    Matter Overdrive's android system fits the lore quite well.

8. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Well most of the T1 stuff (ender pearls are more t2 and luxury) should be finished quite fast with 20 lasers at a table. thats 2 rows of 10 and a bit of obsidian, redstone and some diamonds .... so nothing expensive in this pack.

On the bottom line, energy is more a gate than materials in this pack. Thats why you have an insanely huge "powerbank" and 8k rf/t from the start ;)

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    oh, there was a bug i figured i'd point out; at one point the day/night cycle froze at night. i waited 1 irl hour for it to change. this messed with my power bigtime.[DOUBLEPOST=1489780827][/DOUBLEPOST]had to use commands to force it back into the regular.

10. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Stop doing /time set 1200 then!

11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    i don't? it bugged and i ran /time set 100 and the day/night cycle returned to normal.[DOUBLEPOST=1489787986,1489781057][/DOUBLEPOST]hmm. the pulverized iron quest seems to bug out. it won't detect the pulv. iron, even though i have it.[DOUBLEPOST=1489788284][/DOUBLEPOST]well after goofing around with the questbook, it finally accepted the pulverized iron. this is why i like HQM sometimes... lol[DOUBLEPOST=1489812190][/DOUBLEPOST]just finished what i'd believe, is the end of the T1 questline. the power quest. correct me if i'm wrong... lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1489812735][/DOUBLEPOST]LOL Caithleen you made one crucial error... the blueprint recipes. they still take the normal minechem recipes... :p the intended recipe exists, but the original is still active. i think you're next alpha release should include a fix for that... lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1489813059][/DOUBLEPOST]also, i really can't wait to get into galacticraft stuff, especially oxygen sealers. when those are available. woot!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    T2 starts when you see footprints on the mars :p

And what blueprint recipes are you talking about?

13. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ba-dum-DESH!

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    the minechem blueprints, caith.[DOUBLEPOST=1489891456,1489867134][/DOUBLEPOST]speaking of, did you complete tier 2 quests? just curious.

15. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Uploading new build. "Changelog" and update instructions in original post!

Convo with download links in a few minutes :)

16. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    caith, i booted up the file in the new convo, and i then imported my world. but nothing changed? i already tried a /bq_user refresh.

17. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:

Do you see recipes for the steel machine hull? A quest for the ore converter in 1. Questline?

Did you follow the instructions from OP ?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yeah, instructions were clear. it needs to be imported, which i did. i copied over my worlds. not currently on to check for recipes. existing quests did not seem different.

19. Raetac

Raetac New Member

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    Missing Minetweaker scripts in the T2Build1, namely Crafting.zs

EDIT
    Created a new path in the scripts folder to match the old Minetweaker path and copied the recipies.zs into the end and renamed it Crafting.zs
    All works now

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  20. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Ah yeah. MTRM updated and broke some things i thought i had fixed. Do you have the steel machine hull recipe?