Done Skyfactory 3 TPS issues

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by T0M92, May 9, 2017.

1. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    9:46 AM
    Hi. past few days Skyfactors 3 has been having some TPS issues, we all assume it's 'cos people are veinmining.
    however today, i made a 16x16 Reborn storage for my patterns. (no issues) i login later in the day a few times, during the making of it. and my controller for my RS had vanished. (unsure if this is related) anywho, apon completion of the rebornstorage. i logged out.
    when i logged in a few hours later. tps was on 1.7 give or take, and it soon dropped to 0.3. my RS kept turning off and on, but there were no power issues. (1bil rf in storage)
    people kept saying that the lag only started when i logged in. so i told them the only new thing in my base was reborn storage, they recommended i remove it and see if it helped. so i started to. however, after only breaking 2 layers off it, tpa jumped upto 20. so it was now 14x16. so i thought that it might of been a size issue, so i left it at that, about 10mins later, tps dropped to 0.3 (after about 3 crashes) now sadly, we don't have alot of staff on the server so i had no way to ask them for help. so i was directed here by a player. i don't want to login as it seems to cause issues for the other players. so any help you can offer would be great.

EDIT - Node 2

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Messiah7 likes this.
  2. Xynogen

Xynogen Active Member

Local Time:
    4:46 PM
    Your RS controller may have been removed either because you have another RS controller somewhere else (it breaks the original one), or because it really is causing problems.

Until then we can only wait and hear from someone like the devs who helps to run the server.

3. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    i only have the one. and there were no signs in my base or something to suggest it was removed by staff. but indeed, hope they can reply soon, it's been like 10hours since this started lol.

4. Xynogen

Xynogen Active Member

Local Time:
    As of now we have 20 TPS, join the server, maybe we can trace the problem.

5. Ash00182

Ash00182 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The time that you made this the US Admin's will be going to bed and the EU one's will be going to work.[DOUBLEPOST=1494327659][/DOUBLEPOST]I assume reborn storage works the same way as AE in terms of system calculations. Thus removing all unstackable items/Large quantities that are over 30k should help.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  6. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    Removing the multi block didn't help TPs (as i was removing it) breaking the cable connecting it to my refinedstorage instantly put tps back to 20. so while the lag is fixed, i'm now unable to build a reborn storage as it'll break tps? would still like some help on this, thanks !

7. Xynogen

Xynogen Active Member

Local Time:
    Well I did just make an RS pattern storage, but it didn't cause any drop TPS drop. Maybe you should break the whole thing and rebuild it in one chunk. I saw it in between 4 chunks, it may be using more resources.

Press F9 to see the chunks

8. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    as i said in my previous comment, i have now fully removed it. perhaps you are correct, it was in 4 chunks. but i'd rather wait to hear from staff just so i know for sure there's no issues with it, i don't want to cause bad TPs again for everybody on the server.

just wish they'd reply :D

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:46 AM
    T0M92 likes this.
  10. matiepie2

matiepie2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    It seems to be fine on the watchdog, is this still an issue for everyone?

EDIT: Never mind, investigating now

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  11. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    well as i said before, i fully removed the reborn storage mutliblock. but not sure if that's the root cause for the TPS issues. they seemed to jump up the second i removed the cable that was attached to my refined storage. i'm unsure if the fact i made is 16x16 has any bearing on this?

12. matiepie2

Local Time:
    Well, sometimes plugins can conflict with each other, so I would recommend to try and keep the amount of conflicts to a minimum. It seems that this has been fixed, but please note that 1.10 is a highly experimental modpack version and can lead to many issues in the future. I will mark this as solved for the time being and if there is issues in the future please let us know and thank you very much.

13. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    sorry, but to me it's not solved, the main issue i'm having is, i can't make it without is causing lag. however there are plenty of other players using one and there is no lag. i was rather specific about the size i made it, incase that was the issue. i also made sure to say it was currently empty, incase that was the issue. at this moment in time, the only thing you've told me, is that the pack is experimental which i already knew.

Messiah7 likes this.
  14. matiepie2

Local Time:
    Marked as open again as the issue is not solved, but do other players have their storage hooked up to refined and reborn storage?

15. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    well yes, as reborn is a addon to refined, it's a huge multiblock crafter to store patterns.

EDIT : seems there is still TPS issues, according to discord (on skyfactory 3) is there any chance sombody can look into Rebornstorage? while we've been assuming it was all the block upgrades with veinmining over this past week or so, we may have been wrong.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  16. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    Was 5+ minutes in TobyTechs base and the tps was at 20. It went down for few seconds when the base got loaded.

17. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    yeah @SirWill i have since removed the 16x16 reborn storage. i can come online and rebuild it, if you're free for a few mins at any time?

18. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    it's now been 3 days since this started. is anybody able to tell me yet, why when i make a reborn storage multiblock, and hook it upto my refined storage. it will drop tps to around 0.3? many thanks.

19. Tadriel_Greymist

Tadriel_Greymist Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Reborn Storage was known to cause a bit of lag on servers back in Jan/Feb. Especially the super large ones. I'm not sure if the mod author has made any updates over the last few months to help.

20. T0M92

T0M92 Member

Local Time:
    is there a recommended size. that's kind of what i was looking for to be honest. sombody to say. example ; 16x16 is to large, try making it .... and it should work. ect