Trollcraft

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by LooneyJohn, May 29, 2017.

1. LooneyJohn

LooneyJohn New Member

Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    Hello, I don't know how to go about this thread process so i'm just going to get to the point.

Mindyourmind should add Trollcraft. It's a relatively new released mod pack played by SSundee, MrCrainer, and CaptainSparklez. It's kind of like CrundeeCraft but in a way has a livelier nicer and more hardcore feel to it. It has things like PortalGuns which are on the cool side and things on the side that gets you angry such as a catchy "LOL you died" song when you die lol I have been desperately looking for a server network that has this and so have a bunch of other people but very few have it. It'd be amazing if you would be able to start a Troll craft server for me and a bunch of other players to play on. Especially a server like MYM which has a useful farmworld and few banned items on most servers. It'd be very cool and unique if MYM added this.

Thanks for reading
    -LooneyJohn

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:21 AM
    While I am not saying never, it is highly unlikely that MYM will be adding new 1.7.10 Modpacks to our lineup. The very first requirement would have to be an outstandingly demonstrated demand or interest in the pack from the community. So you are on the right track, I just do not want you to get your hope too high as more and more, Modded Minecraft will continue to slide away from 1.7.10 towards newer versions, 1.10.2 and even 1.11.

3. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:21 AM
    I have watched the complete series of Trollcraft, and while it is a cool modpack, all the essence of it would be taken out, as you can't prank people, thats the whole point of the modpack, making a server just for a "Lol you died" jingle isn't worth it.

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    maybe the server could be like that? No need for claims, few rules, just an open go strong or go down style server. it has RF tools, so if you wish to keep other players out, build a force field. some examples. i'd love to play one like it.

5. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    The problem with packs like these is that they are intended for... less mature audiences. Now, I don't mean to insult you but let's be honest, this is the truth. They are meant for servers that don't mind things going boom or a few angry children crying and leaving because of it, not a network based around a safe environment where the community can interact with each other and not have to worry about who's gonna blow up/prank who.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ok, first off, no need to say "less mature audiences". I thoroughly enjoyed the series of videos and would love to play the pack. but I am NOT a little kid. What you said essentially says that most people playing this pack are 9 and below. please, just... watch what you say. improper grammar could ruin the meaning of a sentence.

And secondly, that's the point. Ssundee, Crainer and Sparklez almost never knew if a troll was coming their way. It's the whole point. what fun would it be if, for example, beatlebutt left a sign at oozie's house saying "i'm gonna troll you tomorrow"? none. you'd expect it. just stating a fact.

7. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    Shame most 1.10 modpacks suck (even 1.10 itself sucks)

Rohen likes this.
  8. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Seriously Brandon? how about being constructive, or at least make a useful contribution. "1.10 sucks" is too generic a statement to add to the conversion. Details mate, life is in the details!

9. brandonlk

Local Time:
    Well, i'm my experience 1.10 has had a lot of performance issues doing a comparison (on my old laptop because the FPS was noticeably different)
    1.6.4 with about 70 mods ran at 15-30 FPS
    1.7.10 with 0 mods ran at 30 FPS
    1.8 ran at 14 FPS
    (i did not test 1.9 because i was not a big fan of the combat back then, but i'm used to that so that is not the problem :p
    1.10 runs at 5-9 fps (and it broke anvils)
    So imagine those last figure WITH mods that would bog down the FPS even more, it would make it unplayable.
    all i'm saying is that 1.10 needs to be optimised so it can utilise the stuff it is given to run at a decent FPS,, THEN start modding it (yes this was on a trash-top but that's currently besides the point since my trash-top Could clearly run older versions of minecraft perfectly well, even with 60 odd mods thrown into the mix. (even with my current PC it sometimes has FPS drops in vanilla 1.10 for NO reason, i could be fine mining trees at 200 FPS then next second BAM 12 FPS)
    also 1.10 got rid of some of the greatest mods of all time such as; NEI, HQM (im aware there is a 1.10 of this in development but everyone's using the worse BQM now so it doesn't matter) JABBA (i think), however it did make some mods fantastic and work alot better than they did before such as.. uh........ Railcraft? yeah sure..
    there have also been great modpacks that i have seen for 1.10 such as "rage quit" and "farming valley" i'm sure there is a ton more great modpacks for 1.10 out there, it's just that minecraft now requires alot more to run stuff now'a days for little to no reason, nothing that mojang has added has changed THAT much with minecraft (ablit the combat update was a BIG change(even then there was mods that did the same thing that made you lose LESS FPS than the actual update))
    TL;DR 1.10 runs worse on my trash-top than 1.6 with mods did, and that 1.10 needs to be optimised a bit more to run better (even not on my trash-top) i do like 1.10 it's that i feel minecraft has had it's modding "hay-day" back in 1.6-1.7
    well there you go that's my opinion (of course this is the internet so it's wrong :p )
    Brandonlk
    Avid minecraft player

Broklyn_Datroll likes this.
  10. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:21 AM
    A server with no claims is basically chaos, so many tickets would get made per day, because there are a lot of people who don't know that there are no claims, a common error is that people don't read the rules throughly or inform themselves, then they get angry because they didn't know. Trollcraft wouldn't be "troll-y" It would could really be called "Git-Griefed-Son!craft" A server where there are no real trolls, only filled with players destroying your entire base for no reason at all, whats the point in playing a modpack where you can make no real progress, and your house gets destroyed on a daily basis? The only reason Ssundes, Crainers and Sparklez gameplay of the pack worked, was because there was a trust system, they would get punishments if they did a troll that wasn't really a troll, like say destroying a players entire house, They had order, something that this server without claims would lack.
    [doublepost=1496170092][/doublepost]@brandonlk What does that have to do with trollcraft. Please keep posts relevant and don't start a fuss with staff. ( nor with me, I'm just telling you to stop from now on )

11. brandonlk

Local Time:
    that sounds like all vanilla servers to me xD

EDIT: sorry about the ramble broklyn asked for it ;/

12. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Active Member

Local Time:
    9:21 AM
    I'd certainly play it, but more for the adventuring and building than the trolling. It's one of the few modpacks that includes Advent of Ascension as an included mod.

Also the fact that my computer can only run 1.10 with no mods (or maybe very very minimal ones) so I'm kind of limited in what packs I can play at all with the move away from 1.7.10, and I could play just about every 1.7.10 modpack fairly well, the only ones that really made my computer hurt were the Tolkeincraft, Ferret Business, and Resonant Rise (I could run them for 30 minutes-3 hours before java would become unresponsive)

That said, I think a trollcraft server with claims could work, and there could be some minor trolling done among friends if they both 'trust'ed each other on their plots Or even trolls that don't include being on someone's plot, such as building a wall or moat around their claim.

That and a LOT of people are on X33N's discord (one of the creators/admins of the series/modpack) chat always looking for a trollcraft server to play on, so it could lead to an influx of players (and one would hope at least a few might donate too)

13. brandonlk

Local Time:
    i think a server about trolling/greifing would create an unhealthy community

14. Norsehawk

Norsehawk Active Member

Local Time:
    9:21 AM
    I agree, but I still think the modpack would be quite fun to play. And if you wanted to live the troll life, it would have to be with the consent of the person you are trolling, by them specifically trusting you to be able to interact with your plot, to prevent some random person from discovering your base on their first day on the server and them doing the super awesome troll of stealing your entire ME system then logging off never to come back.

So it could be Trollcraft, with people able to troll each other, WITH CONSENT, and if you don't want to be trolled, don't trust others with your plot and stay safe.

15. brandonlk

Local Time:
    sounds like every single other modded minecraft server, except people still find ways to troll without being trusted on claims Such as claimed walls around claims, claimed trash around claims ETC

16. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    I've never experienced that issue on these servers, but even if it were to occur, it would likely be resolved quickly through a ticket.

17. B00M5H07

B00M5H07 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    All of you complaining about 1.10 performance should try optifine, adding your java/javaw processes to your onboard/dedicated GPU and assess if you get more fps with or without VBOs- I was getting two fps with these on, disabling put me at ~200+ fps though I'm using an Rx460 which is on par with my jre performance in older 1.7.10 packs. I find that the 1.10 version and beyond are a lot more optimised and I would like to see more of those servers and less of the old servers barely anyone goes on. (aside from infinity which will probably go on a while)

18. brandonlk

Local Time:
    optifine either does nothing or make me run worse

19. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    That's.. not what it means at all. He's not at all saying the people are all little kids, or at least that doesn't seem to be what he's saying. Something can be targeted towards a younger/less mature audience and still be enjoyed by more mature people seeking to indulge their inner child/less mature side. But the server concept is inherently "immature" in that it's entirely centered around screwing with other people.

The fact that you got that upset about it though.. it is kinda immature.

Also just technically speaking that wasn't improper grammar. He used words you may disagree with, but that's not grammar at all.