Lazy staff?!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by DamoinKing2, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    Just the other day I was playing on the server with my friend and everything was fine, almost finished and had a complete ME system to start moving our chest inside the house, had a good witchery set up going, and bees......ugh the bees.
    The next day my friend logged into the server and all our hard work was just gone, there was a hole where our witchery stuff was, they took several of our machines and the whole ME system and the drives. And took the bees.
    We made a ticket and it didn't get even notice for at least 3 days (I even spent several times going on the server and asking for a staff member and none was there and also heard Alot of people say the staff has been absent recently ) and when we finally got a response, my friend was told "sorry we don't know what happened and we have a stricted no refund policy"..........like seriously all our hard work is just gone? This is just stupid, does the staff not have access to the world edit? Hell I use to be a admin on a server and I was better than how I see the staff on this server. Could that not just roll back the area? I still remember the day before it happened.

So not only do I never see staff on, when we make a ticket they take forever to reply and then are no help to the players.........this is one of the worst servers I've ever been on and the only reason I still will play it is because my friend likes all the mods on it. (The overworld looks like shit though because people leaving massive holes everywhere)

So to the owners (if you even bother reading this) you need to either fix your server and stop the whole claiming blocks for votes thing or fix your staff to help your players so the rules are followed.

2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    6:44 PM
    >Not claiming the land and complaining about it getting griefed

lryanle likes this.
  3. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    1. The server rules state that griefing and raiding are not allowed
    2. Not going to vote for a bad server just to get more claim blocks, it's a terrible way to get more claims.
    3.Also don't have Alot or time to waste to go out of my way to vote for this server

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:44 PM
    Which server was this? As for your ticket going unnoticed for three days, this is unlikely. It may not have been responded to, that is not the same as being ignored.

Your next issue, as for claiming the system works with few exceptions, as no system iso flawless. Again without background information I can't make any sweeping statements about claims.

Staff has access to the tools they need to perform their job.

As for rolling back an area,again I'm not sure what server you are on, or which ticket since you failed to specify.

The no refunds policy was put into place to prevent an even larger back log on tickets, moderators cannot simply spawn in items for you.

Lastly the staff here are volunteering to help. Most of us have other responsibilities out side the network. Personally I have a wife, children, and a business to run. None of us are "lazy" because you did not receive the response you wanted.

As for the owners, they are both very responsive to the community so I'm sure they will read your post as well.

5. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    My friend Grebce made the ticket and it's the only one he made, idk the exact ticket. But yes it took about 3 days to respond and it was on FTB infinity evolved server. Idk if that helps as I can't really find a name for the server. Even if they are volunteering one could have responded in a faster manner, or the owners could have said something.

And according to my friend a staff member told him their was nothing they could do and said sorry, no roll back or anything was provided. I'm also saying that the staff is lazy because I hardly see any one, as I mentioned several people state that the staff has just disappeared for the most part.

6. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What he said. I would like to add though that we not only have other responsibilities, we also want to play and relax a little. We're human too.

7. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    I understand that you guys have other responsibilities but it's kinda unfair to the players that don't want to do that whole unnecessary stuff just to get claim blocks, you legit have a rule on the server that says no griefing or stealing even if unclaimed.....and that's what happened and then I'm getting told oh sorry nothing can be done
    [doublepost=1498336519][/doublepost]I guess the server would be called node 6?

8. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would that be Infinity Node 6?

9. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
  10. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    So you "knew" that the server is terrible before your base got griefed?

11. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    When I can't claim my stuff right away or have a good way to protect my items then yes, I view it as a bad sign and sure enough I was right

12. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You get 100 claim blocks to start off with, that 10x10 I doubt you had more than that when you first started off, also towering is a thing. with voting once you can get up to a 23x23 claim and that's only for one day. I don't think the server is at fault in this situation

Sicodik_luk and Rohen like this.
  13. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    When you rules say no griefing or stealing even from an unclaimed area, then it happens how is it not on the staff responsibility to help it's player, also as I am on the server right now I have seen other people have been griefed and stolen from, but I guess they are at fault also
    [doublepost=1498337553][/doublepost]All I want is for someone to do the right thing and roll back my witchery area at this point, me and my friend already have gotten all of our other stuff back minus a few drives for a ME system (which I am working on getting AGAIN)

14. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    If you didn't specify coordinates, node or modpack where it happened, the staff wasn't even able to help you.

15. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    I'm sure you heard me when I said my friend made the ticket and I'm sure he would have said it. Plus when I last made a ticket about someone stealing from my smeltery I didn't put the server or cords and someone had been and looked at the area. As it does say in the ticket system.

16. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Wyndman asked "What server is this?", so likely your friend didn't specify the server. The smeltery problem was likely only solved because someone from staff was on the server when you were complaining about it.

17. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    While i agree that having to claim your stuff anoying, and it is against the rules to grief, we all know people break rules. Otherwise their would be no need for claims at all.

Also, you accepted the rules when you started to play. They point to MyM's policy for refunds.

Now, staff will do their best to get you stuff back. But sometimes for whatever reason they cant. Be that they cant find the items that were stolen or that the items were destroyed.

I do know it should state somewhere that staff are not required to return items stolen from unclaimed bases. And that they will attempt to from items stolen from claimed bases.

As for a role back, how do you prove you did not steal those items, hide them, and now have twice as many now that your area is rolled back? This is why rolbacks are, as a rule, almost never performed.

18. DamoinKing2

DamoinKing2 Member

Local Time:
    Sorry but no, took a few days to hear back about the staff about the smeltery stuff, when I did the ticket thing it made me get on the server and do stuff so it links the ticket with which server it was on
    [doublepost=1498338746][/doublepost]And Booker I'm sure the staff has access to look into my chest and inventory. And that is also assuming that everyone is a lier and stealer. If I remember correctly there is a way for staff to check an block and see if it has been touched, as in placed and destroyed. If not I highly recommend the server to get that plugin but I'm almost sure it's part of worldedit

19. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    with that statement: Why are we all locking our doors from our homes in real life? there is a rule that no one is allowed to grief someone but still you are locking the doors so no thiefs can come in.
    We provide the best security possible, if you dont want to use it? well we tried.

Considering tickets and reposnses, we are only humans, most of the times a ticket get answered within hours or at least 1 day.
    It happens that some tickets needs more time or long investigation -> slower response

20. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    They do have it, it is not part of world edit, nor is it perfect as you should know since you "ran your own server"

And who says you did not have an alt steal your stuff? I personally have about 5 alts.

And this is not Merica'

You are not innocent till proven guilty, you are always jured, and people will almost always assume the worst. This is how life works, sorry if that upsets you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.