Ideas for new mod

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by pizzaluc, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    Can you make for 1.7.10 and just server side? Project Ozone would thank you :D

lryanle likes this.
  2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I'm not even gonna bother explaining how easily exploitable that would be.. don't get me wrong I appreciate that you're just trying to make helpful suggestions, but I already have a clear idea of how I want my modpack to function, and an admin/creative beacon if pizzaluc is happy to make one for me would be perfect for my needs, anything else would just be a sub-optimal compromise.

Also a non-creative beacon that works under ground again would fit into my modpack perfectly, yes there might be similar alternatives, but similar isn't perfect, and I'd rather not settle for less than perfect if I don't have to :p

3. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:46 AM
    @chaosblad3

I would be happy to create the beacons for you. I tried playing with the gui, which was a bit over my level but what i can offer is. An admin beacon which via a config file can choose which effects, which level the effects are, and the radius the effects work in. Anything special the player beacon need to do? other than used underground, can also use another baseblock or activation item if that is useful.

4. yurikha27

yurikha27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    Still don't understand what's wrong with a command block under a beacon.

5. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Tbh that would probably work better for spawn, but the player beacon cant really be implemented with commandblocks

6. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Mod addon for Project E to pump EMC about with some sort of pipe.
    Invisible floating light sources, or one of each. have three lights, one of them invisible but cant float, one that can float but is not invisible and lastly both.
    port of thaumcraft 3 to later versions

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  7. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Port RotaryCraft to 1.10.

8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    I still dont understand what's wrong with just a setup of command blocks ;) it wouldn't be that hard to make a ranged based buff command for a command block, and then it would be easy from there to adjust the buffs it gives and the power of them with a physical switchboard ;)
    (Btw the comment about infinity armor was just a proof of concept not an actual suggestion I knew how exploitable it was when I posted it:p )
    I get that mods are way more convinient once set up tho for the user ;)
    ...So I guess I do get what's wrong with just command blocks :p. O well this whole post was just to make a point anyway...

9. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    I know this thread kind of died, but could you make a mod that would allow for setting themes for mobs using resourcepacks?