New Age of Engineering Launch!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aidoneus, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Venjammin

Venjammin Active Member

Local Time:
    6:39 PM
    Will the server be running the latest release?

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:39 PM
    We are right now.

3. iStarlightz

iStarlightz Prince Cuddles

Local Time:
    I do have a question about kit resource/resourceplus. Has there been a decision to have pig iron be change into tin/copper? I have played AoE till age 6-7 so far and have never been in a position to need pig iron for tools.

I have not been actively catching up on the forums since I have been distracted with many things recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. wyndman

Local Time:
    Assuming we could find a server side mod that would act like that sure, but who wants to edit that configuration file? You can bet your bottom if we blacklisted x block we'd forget y, or someone would want us to white list z.

Sounds like we should add MCMMO to every pack, which don't get me wrong I'd love it, but some packs are designed without QOL mods specifically left out to make it more.. ehem challenging.

5. wyndman

Local Time:
    I made some changes to the resource kits in regards to AOE, one of them I'm giddy to say included pig iron getting the axe.

6. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:

lryanle, Peace7904 and Yorinar like this.
  7. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    A neat idea for a shop in AoE is to restrict various options until you get to certain ages. Like you would only be able to purchase advanced circuits one you unlock the empowering age or the chassis for enderio machines once you reach ender age. Idk how viable that would be to implement but always something interesting to think about.

BetaPetey likes this.
  8. wyndman

Local Time:
    A moment of silence for our friend pig iron.... we need a montage dedicated to our friend.

9. wyndman

Local Time:
    We threw this idea around, but the implementation would delay launch, and in general if you're buying those kits you understand you're jumping technology levels.

10. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Hmm fair enough.

11. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    2:39 AM
    Sigh at this rate it looks like date and time will remain the same, I understand what wyndman is same about the carrot and the stick for patron and patron+ though it still sucks that, (one): that the access starts in the afternoon and (two): that the I happen to be one of the be in a country where 3pm there is equal to 11pm here.. Sigh
    Thanks for trying anyway Chaosblad3

12. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    Ya'll might be happy to know that I added Fast Leaf Decay when we were setting up the server.
    No really, I do care, a LOT!

About not having to wait for leaves to decay!
    As for Ore Excavation (1.10's version of Vein Miner) it is not currently in the Pack, nor was it a strong candidate during testing. So it is very unlike to ever see it added. Tool Leveling for Tinkers, It's not in the base Modpack and it does change the way you make and use your Tools significantly, so with that taken into consideration, and MyM's standing aversion to changing Modpacks unless absolutely necessary, I'd say it's about as likely as Wyndman getting his DWMB Server. Sorry MyM'ers.

lryanle likes this.
  13. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:39 AM
    As @Broklyn_Datroll has said, we went ahead and added fast leaf decay. We are running the latest version of the pack which is 1.0.4 as I updated it a couple days ago from 1.0.3. We don't want to deviate from the original mod list as people using the curse/twitch launcher won't be able to connect. Fast leaf deay is a server-side mod that won't affect this. When I was setting up the times for the launch, I really debated for an hour on good times as we have people from all over the world. This is the best "medium" I could come up with. I also agree with what Wyndman said about the Patron days.

Broklyn_Datroll likes this.
  14. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:39 AM
    I think the server start time is great as it is. Patron gets one weekday and a weekend day, Non-Patrons get a weekend day and the weekdays going forward. Seems pretty fair to me. Push it a day forward, Patron gets no weekend, push it a day back, Non-Patrons get no weekend.

15. Yorinar

Yorinar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thank you. thank you. thank you.

lryanle and chaosblad3 like this.
  16. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Oh i think you misunderstood. By shop i was talking about an in-game shop with MyM Credits not the Shop online.

17. Thy_RedDragon

Thy_RedDragon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    <censored> what up
    ~edit~
    pardon my language

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  18. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    2:39 AM
    Really depends on where you live sigh..

19. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    What about this.
    1 Tradeing only between your curret age or
    2 banning Tradeing for progressions sake and list the pack as endgame except age 0 stuff and other things

20. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    That explanation didn't really help to clarify lol, when you say "shop" most people (staff certainly) will assume you mean /shop, which is where you can buy quickstart kits with credits like in the pic below (credits being the "premium currency" that you buy with IRL money), I assume what you are talking about is /market where people can buy and sell items to each other using "MyMs" which is what the in-game currency is called, though idk if there even is a decent /market plugin for 1.10 yet..

[​IMG]