1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] MyM Advertisements

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by lryanle, Aug 23, 2017.

?

Do you like the idea?

1. Seeing animated announcement gifs on the forums/twitter would be nice

69.2%
  2. Announcement gifs are too much

15.4%
  3. Seems like a good idea, but meh

15.4%
  4. chuggatato

30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:14 AM
    Hey guys! I got a pretty tiring, and controversial, post for you guys.

Ok, lets get started, I'm expecting a lot of hate. First off, have you guys seen the boring advertisements for MyM?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the twitter now being brought back to the scene, it would really help if we had some flashy advertisements to show.

In this case, I have some examples to show for what could be done:

I understand this could be taken as selfish self-advertisement, but I'm hoping this opens a gate for a flashier version of MyM.

Hope you guys understand, It would be fun.
    -Ryan

(If you want more examples of my ability, check the other videos on the youtube channel listed here.)

(Also, the videos are a form of higher quality gifs in a sense. If needed, the videos could be easily converted to gifs.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    ApianArcher and BetaPetey like this.
  2. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    7:14 AM
    Maybe use .gif-s instead of videos?

BrooklynsBaddest and lryanle like this.
  3. lryanle

Local Time:
    Yep, thats the plan, just showing off the gifs at higher quality ;)

4. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    2:14 AM
    I think that if the idea was accepted it could probably be even better and a good way to advertize is to get it on a Minecraft YouTubers channel where it will give the network a lot of exposure.

5. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:14 AM
    I mean, the adverts you call "boring" aren't adverts, an advert is something that draws people in, Example: A voting website with the server IP. Now those are just announcements because if you never heard of MyM before why would you even be seeing their twitter or the website, I think that the announcements we have are fine, also I wouldn't want MyM to become this monster of spamming you with an advertising for a guys channel, I don't see how a podcast would work without it just becoming gameplay with commentary. This is just my two cents but I don't see the need for this advertising to a channel.

6. lryanle

Local Time:
    I dont think you understood what I said, so I'll clarify.

First off, the advertisements MyM posts are meant to draw people to play the server. It might not be on the "flashy" side of advertising, but it still informs you.

The point of lets say, twitter server opening announcements, are to catch a random viewers eye, and maybe hook them into the server.

Next point, I'm not talking ab out chat announcements, I'm talking about MyM's social media/forum announcements.

Next. If MyM is spamming server opening announcements, then I think that's pretty great. That means MyM is doing swell!

Last point. The examples listed aren't the topics, they are just used to show points of concept. Also, that podcast intro was for Jit. Just showing examples.

Too tired to type properly, sorry. :(

Hope you understand now!
    -Ryan

7. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:14 PM
    I like the idea of adding some new flashy advertisements :D

lryanle likes this.
  8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've approached you tubers who I am friendly with in the past, from smaller to larger channels they all decline because they don't want to feel beholden to advertise the network.

Now I have to do a pod cast, stream on twitch and post on youtube.. I'd love to, but I don't think the interest level is there.

9. lryanle

Local Time:
    I can agree with you there Wynd... but, I was thinking about it being player-hosted. If players want to they could.

Now on the advertisement part.
    The flashy gifs would only be on the forums and twitter. With this, it would seem a bit more player-friendly, and kinda cool in a way. Instead of being excited for the new server launch, you would also be curious for the new server launch gif, if ya' know what I'm saying.

10. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Sorry, but I don't think it's really that good.

11. lryanle

Local Time:
    I'm talking about something like this:
    [​IMG]

12. wyndman

Local Time:
    Sure if players want to run their youtube/twitch content and refer to the awesome place they are playing more power to you. I wear an MyM T-Shirt to bed every night.

lryanle likes this.
  13. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Mr. Wynd we don't have to force it onto them. What i've seen in the Minecraft YouTubers that I currently watch is that they are playing on these servers either invited or uninvited. We could invite the person to come check out the server then they don't have to feel beholden to advertise the network. If the person was to make a video on the server then I'm sure those players from those videos will want to track down the server that this person is recording videos on and play on it for a chance to meet this YouTuber. The point of this is to draw attention if it looks like a cool server off of the persons video people are going to want to join.

14. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Where is "Potato" in poll?
    [​IMG]

PotatoWithHat likes this.
  15. lryanle

Local Time:
    Chuggatato is the potato option ;)

16. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If it's reference to @chugga_fan pls stahp...

YOU CANT MIX ANYONE WITH POTATO!
    POTATO IS SACRED, DONT MIX IT WITH FILTHY HUMANS!!!

PotatoWithHat, GreyWolf11 and Rohen like this.
  17. wyndman

Local Time:
    We did have an active youtuber not that long ago, but alas he went on to single player because his plans exceeded his ability to play on a server.

18. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Maybe we should try to approach some YouTubers that may not play on the server? Do you think that would be helpful in anyway? I have a few in mind but those people that I watch just troll people in game and I don't know if MyM would want someone trolling there players since I think it is against the rules last time I checked?

19. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Trolls wouldn't attract people. Their audience is mostly factions server players from what I know.

20. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:14 PM
    Nice haha, Way to rep with the Tshirt :D:D

lryanle likes this.