Done Derpy questions

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by il0v3tweakS, Sep 18, 2017.

1. il0v3tweakS

il0v3tweakS Miner.

Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    Hello,

I can't help myself, but ask some derpy questions:

1. Does anyone on AoE node 1 have lag spikes at regular intervals? (like every 10-20 seconds)
    2. Am I allowed to build an iron farm? (The Iron titan by TangoTek on YT) The one I am about to build seems pretty OP. No chunk-loading mechanism included.
    3. Does the server have a clear-lag mechanism? (/tps report 20-30k entities in the overworld)
    4. Why do different players obtain different values from /tps?

Thank you!

2. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    to answer number 3 1.no clear lag is not installed 2. all items on the ground in the world are deleted when the server restarts
    4. is based off ping and at what time they do it aka alot of stuff idk how works
    2. dont uild one if you want to play without a chat filled with lag and your build being gone
    1. its 1.10 alot of mods are still unoptimized and 1.10+ is resource demanding
    have a nice day

il0v3tweakS likes this.
  3. il0v3tweakS

il0v3tweakS Miner.

Local Time:
    Thank you very much for your fast reply. I guess my questions have been answered. Topic closed.

4. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    You could probably get away with building a large iron farm, actually. Vanilla iron golem farms produce few entities, although they would be even slower on the server due to mob caps and reduction in tickrate. It's unlikely that it would be of much use, though, since the small amount of iron you'd produce would be quite easily outperformed by a simple Powered Spawner, for similar amounts of work.

il0v3tweakS likes this.
  5. il0v3tweakS

il0v3tweakS Miner.

Local Time:
    I will give that a try. Thank you for the suggestion. It is actually a great idea.